HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

Notices

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

I'm so tired of being in so much pain all the time!! I'm so tired of being in so much pain all the time!!

Unread 04-22-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm so tired of being in so much pain all the time!!

Hello sisters,

I just had to get on here and vent my frustrations! I have had 3 surgeries in 6 months all to rid me of Endo. It has been almost 5 weeks since my last surgery and once again I am having severe pelvic pain!! I am so sick of being woken up from my pain. I am having pain in my right kidney, probably from constantly having to take pain pills. But what are you supposed to do when your in so much pain that you can't stand, sit, lay down, or walk!! I just don't know what to do anymore!!! I go see my on friday; but all he wants to do is take me off the pain meds or possibly suggest more surgery!! It seems like thats all my life is now, surgeries, doctor visits, and big medical bills!! Thanks for listening sisters!!
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Re: I'm so tired of being in so much pain all the time!!

Hugs. I've been there only the Dr's in town won't prescribe anything stronger than tramadol which helped me at first now it isn't :/ my dr in lex takes care of me cause he knows I don't pill seek and even told me last night HR would admit me for IV pain meds after he tried calling every pharmacy in town to get me pain meds and they were all closed :/ can you switch doctors or at least be open with him about how you feel. If a dr ever told me that I'd say right to their face you only say that cause you obviously don't know what you're dealing with. Hugs and good luck hun.
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfishin-gal View Post
I am having pain in my right kidney,
Is there any chance you have a kidney stone?

Quote:
I go see my on friday; but all he wants to do is take me off the pain meds or possibly suggest more surgery!!
Pain medications only trick your brain into thinking you are not in pain. They don't do anything for the source of pain and can be addictive so many doctors do not want to continually prescribe them especially if they don't know what is causing the pain. As I have shared with you before, many surgeons do not prescribe medications for pain management, only for initial recovery.

Are you keeping a detailed symptom diary as I previously suggested? This can really help you and your doctor be more able to pinpoint what might be going on. I know it can be frustrating to live with chronic pain and sometimes our pain clouds our thinking, another reason why keeping the diary can be so important.

Also, are you seeing a doctor who specializes in treating endometriosis yet? Remember, as long as endometriosis exists it can cause pain and symptoms, and many surgeons do not have the expert skills necessary to locate, recognize, and excise endometriosis.

Something else to consider. One can get into a situation where the brain forgets how to stop sending pain signals even after the source of the pain has been treated or eliminated. When that occurs, a different regime of treatment is necessary to in essence "re-set" the nerve signals.

Keep in there and best wishes for your appointment on Friday.

Unread 04-29-2012, 09:17 PM

Oh boy do I know your frustrations girl! I haven't had a day without pain in over 5 years.

I had the same issues with doctors not understanding. I had to go to a few doctors before I found one that was understanding and took the time to know the full story and do some research. He understands that the pain can be severe and works with me to find what pain control works. After a lot of trial and error, he finally put me on the Fentanyl patch... but that was a last resort. It's STRONG medicine and it's highly addictive.... but it also managed the daily pain.

Doctors can be rude and unsympathetic. Especially if they don't know much about endometriosis. Being on pain medicine comes with a huge stigma too, and that's hard to deal with. A pharmacy that I used to use was terrible. They treated me like a heroin addict and were so rude. I finally switched to a smaller pharmacy that wasn't judgmental and didn't make me uncomfortable.

I'm at the end of the road, and having a LAVH this Wednesday. I know it may not stop the pain, but at this point it's my final hope. I've had 7 surgeries, as well as any other treatments we could find... and now I just can't put off the "final" surgery.

Hang in there. It's tough. Endo is such a terrible disease but people don't know much about it. When the pain is all internal and can't be seen by everyone, unfortunately people minimize it.

I hope you find some relief soon. Don't let the doctors push you around (I know it's easier said than done, but remember that YOU know how you feel, THEY don't) and don't stop advocating for yourself. Hang in there.
Unread 01-23-2013, 05:45 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I agree with Idahoprincess.Also like her I am at the end of my treatment options. I have tried them all. I am scheduled for a lavh bso on Feb. 5th. I think if you can't get doc to listen you should find someone who will. I also think that all the other laproscopys are just a tempary fix and even if it helps its only for a little while. In the end its your body and they don't know what and how bad you are hurting. I say try and find a doctor that will take care of you the way you need to be taken care of. Good luck hun, and I hope this helps at least some.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.