HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Effexor use for Menopause Effexor use for Menopause

Unread 04-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Re: Effexor use for Menopause

I too was prescribed effexor for my menopausal symptoms but I needed the hormones. I'm on vivelle and feel great! Well not 100% right now because of my antibiotics but nothing like I was before. I stopped taking the effexor because of many people stating the withdrawals were awful. I was scared but jus didn't want to be on it if I didn't need it. Thank God I had no withdrawals I know ladies that it has helped with there symptoms. So good luck!!
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:27 AM

I have been on Effexor XR for over ten years and there are long term side effects. I am still having to deal with menopause effects on a 75 mg dose. I have to come off of it because it is causing seizures and massively high blood pressure. Think carefully before beginning this drug because it is very hard to come off of. I have come off of it completely once and it was not easy. I had to go back on it because of anxiety several years ago. Now, it is causing all these other problems and does not help with menopause. It is up to you if you want to try it.
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:40 PM

Im on celexa and I do use the vivelle dot but it wasnt enough I went.bonkers and I didnt want to add more est, so the.celexa helped in.2weeks I take only a 1/4.of.a dose after starting on half it was enough to help I hear trazadone really helps with sleep anxiety and hot flashes, and has the least amnt of side effects, your so young but I know how you feel menapause sucks at.any.age
Unread 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM

Hi leggs1980:

I just want to comment on your post. After much debate I decided not to go on Effexor. The effects of taking the drug and coming off of it scared me, so on I go with the hotflashes Does a person ever get "used to them"?

Thank you for your input on this..
Hope you are doing well!
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:51 PM

Thats good. I hear alot about effexor . If it gets to bad I just bought a chillo for night it works great. For sleep. Also trazadone is an older ssri. And has very lil side effects. And helps with sleep and hot flashes. Maybe because hot flashes and panick go hand in hand. Also. Natural things help lesson them. Lol
Unread 05-10-2012, 06:45 PM

I haven't tried the Chillo...and if it works good then its on my list to get

Thanks Vonnie
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:06 PM

I love it its not a ice pack it cools you off by absorbing heat you fill it with water once and it activates it. So great and soft. I got mine on there site for34.00 got it in 3days

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.