HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

One week Post op - partial oopherectomy and cyst removal One week Post op - partial oopherectomy and cyst removal

Unread 04-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Smile - One week Post op - partial oopherectomy and cyst removal One week Post op - partial oopherectomy and cyst removal

I had a Davinci surgery to remove an ovarian cyst on 4/23. They at that time took my right ovary and my tube. They also found some endometriosis and removed that also. Holes are healing well...i seem to have a sharp pain between by "belly button" and my left surgical entrance hole. It's hard to describe. It's nice not to have my right side hurting as it was on a daily basis. I have no appetite and am nauseated but had no issues with gas around the shoulders, etc. I go back on the 8th for test results and am hoping for good news but Dr says there appeared to be nothing to worry about. Hoping I start to feel much more human again soon. On top of everything..there is the constipation which causes my hemorrhoids to bleed. Ugh. Glad to have found this site. I am 38 years old and no children...this has all hit me fast and although they say i could still get pregnant with one ovary..i feel like my time is running out... Single, never been married and no hopes in the future so far...just one more thing on top of it all. I do have wonderful nieces and nephews and I put it all in God's hands...
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Re: One week Post op - partial oopherectomy and cyst removal

noles2012

Recovery from surgery can take time, especially when it comes to the ovary(s). It may take some time for your left one to take over for the right one.

I had my right ovary removed about 5 years before I had a tah/bso. My doctor told me that removing the one ovary would not affect my ability to have children. I never did have children, more out of choice and timing just wasn't right, as my left ovary did take over the right one. Pretty sure that if we had tried it could've happened.

Hope you're feeling better as each day passes.
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Re: One week Post op - partial oopherectomy and cyst removal

Hi Noles,

Here's a big hug for you:

One thing at a time. First things first, the post-op pain and constipation. I had my left ovary removed, and I can safely say that my right one is working (even if I don't have a uterus to get pregnant, I can still feel it ovulate, and I go through cycles). It took about 6 months for my body to figure out its new configuration, but it has done so, and I hope yours does too!

What have you tried for the constipation? Is it the pain meds that are constipating you? I was so glad to have a stool softener. Have you tried this? Or prune juice? Or both? My surgery was a year ago, but I remember the constipation vividly. Does your doctor have suggestions for you?

Remember, there is light at the end of the tunnel. As you said, you are not hurting every day One year post surgery, I feel great, and I hope you do too!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.