HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 22,2012 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 22,2012

Unread 05-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 22,2012

That's awesome, glad everything worked out.
Unread 05-03-2012, 06:51 PM

Yes i feel the same way! Yesterday was my 2 week checkup which went very good! I was so happy and in such a great mood, then today i woke up after not sleeping well, i haven't been for days now get up very often to pee and have pressure and some sharp pains now and then, after i got up it just felt worse, it seems to feel better when i am laying on my back, with a heating pad on low, i would like to lay on my side cause i think it would relieve some pressure but then i get pains... so today really sucked i am hoping tomorrow is much better, my thoughts for happy healing to everyone
Unread 05-03-2012, 06:59 PM

wow defromfla.. sorry you're not sleeping well.. i'm just the opposite, i'm sleeping so much better, now that i'm not getting up several times to pee because of the pressure from the uterus on the bladder. praying for you
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:22 PM

Okay! Today was my first day back at work and it went well. I got tired at about 2 pm but pushed through and made it to the end of the day. Had little one's soccer after school so I fed the tam McD's for dinner. They didn't mind and it took some stress off me. Anyways, still feeling sore but have not had as much of that "everything's gonna fall out " feeling. Overall a pretty good day.
Unread 05-03-2012, 11:09 PM

Hello Mrs. llk!!!

I haven't returned back to work but I was experiencing that feeling of everything falling out! The pressure is getting better now and I'm getting around better but when my body says....."STOP"....I do!!LOL Just take care and listen to your body.
Unread 05-04-2012, 06:52 AM

and to those new to the thread!

P
lease keep in mind all the trauma your body has been through, this was major surgery. Your uterus sat right on top of your bladder so it isn't uncommon to have some bladder spasms and/or irritation for a while. If it get worse, give your Dr a call. Your bowls may have also been moved around, poked and prodded leaving you with some unpleasant consequences.

Your ovaries also have been traumatized.
Here is a link to a sketch showing what happens to the ovarian blood supply during the surgery. http://www.tubal.org/Image91.gif It can take several months for the blood vessels to repair and your ovaries to work properly--if at all. Everyone is different. Estrogen is important for our general health so don't suffer. If you are having hot flashes or emotional swings your body is telling you something is wrong. A little HRT can make you feel much better. Stress can use up estrogen too. Here is a video that talks about the importance of estrogen for heart health. Heart health is just one of the benefits of estrogen replacement. Talk to your Dr.

Take it easy, the 'one chance to heal' mantra is very true.

Unread 05-04-2012, 07:34 AM

I spoke to soon of my healing. I walked to much yesterday and my surprise "o" the other night, I'm feeling it big time. I'm thinking taking my oxy again. Now that I have bm's they are loose every morning. I pee about the same, but I def know my bowels changed. The last two nights I have not slept either, now I'm getting angry. I'm so tired and have a 6 yr at home so it's hard to sleep. I'm holding my bawling in as much as I can. I cancelled my appt today with my ob, seems he just wanted to do surgery and get it over with, but I think I should see my normal dr to maybe get some hormones. I just don't want to have to do this all over again once my ovaries start working and I get off the hormones. This is getting old fast. Wonder why a lot of women get depression after this. It's crazy!
Unread 05-04-2012, 09:46 AM

Just checking in to say how wonderful I think you all are doing. Keep up the great work. Things do get much better as time passes.
Unread 05-04-2012, 08:18 PM

I'm 19 days post op and I am ovulating today. I have always been able to feel when I ovulate and I definitely am today. I'm glad to know my ovaries are still working but it is painful....
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:20 PM

Had my post-op appointment yesterday. The doctor was amazed at how well I was feeling. He said he was glad that we did the surgery. He said he found Atypical Endometrial Hyperplasia which they had not seen before.

I have sore throat tonight. I know my immune system has probably been suppressed. Hopefully it won't get worse.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.