HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Hi!  Possible LSH in one week.... Hi! Possible LSH in one week....

Unread 05-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi! Possible LSH in one week....

Hello everyone!

I am Sherry - 39 (almost 40) years old - live in Texas.

I just found out in October that I have a large fibroid tumor. I apparently had it before, but the dr. failed to mention it - I assume due to it was small. He has felt it in pelvic exams, I guess.

To get to the point...it was 8 cm in October and he put me on Loestrin...which I didn't take properly, so I gave up and quit taking it. He said it could possibly help shrink it. We would start there and go from there...if needed.

Fast forward to this past Monday. Went for another exam due to being uncomfortable (amongst other things like feeling like CRAP daily). Fibroid has grown to 11 cm. WOW! He said he totally recommends a Laparascopic Supracervical Hysterectomy. Leaving the ovaries, of course...as well as the cervix.

I have read and read about this - and have tried to figure out if there is anything I can do to shrink it myself (diet) and have come to the conclusion that he is probably correct in the fact that I need this done.

The problem is that it is getting bigger...so fast.

I'm not shocked!! My mom had a hysterectomy at 40...and so did her mom. CRAZY. I knew this would happen one day. I'm a HUGE baby when it comes to medical stuff, but this was really expected in the back of my mind since I was a teenager. Just made sense to me....

I was told it's a day job (hours in and out) and the recovery is about a week. If I get it get any bigger...the LSH won't be an option, he said.

Anyway....one MAJORLY awful symptom I've had for years (off and on) is burning sensations on my skin....mainly my face. Feels like my face is sunburned or on fire...w/ no redness. I do not have "hot flashes"...not sweating...my burning does not come in flashes - it can be constant. I've been told by MANY of doctors that it's anxiety - due to all the tests I've had to rule out neurological reasons.

I know fibroids are due to estrogen...and I know I am estrogen dominant. Does anyone else have burning sensations w/ their hormone issues?

And...the reason I am here to begin with...has anyone had the LSH?

THANKS!!!

Sherry
Unread 05-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters!

Your hysterectomy date is coming up and you will probably want to find support for your pre-op questions.

The pre-op forum can be found by visiting Pre-Op Forum.

Visit the Pre-Op page for information, articles, resources and the latest pre-op discussions!

For more information about managing your journey around the HysterSisters.com site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ.

We are glad you registered!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

P.S. This is our "Introduce Yourself" forum and its purpose is to point you in the proper direction for the best support for your needs. Only staff can reply here for the purpose of helping you find your way around the HysterSisters.com website. Support by our members is offered in our support forums (links in this reply above) where you can ask your specific questions and receive replies from our members. We look forward to seeing you on the support boards of this site!
Unread 05-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Re: Hi! Possible LSH in one week....

I’m sorry you’re having problems that bring you here but am very glad you’ve joined and hope you’ll benefit from the wealth of information and support!

A hysterectomy is a big decision, and major surgery, which should only be considered as a last resort after all other options have been exhausted. The initial and vital healing takes approximately 6 weeks, during which time complete rest is usually advised. Full recovery can then be anywhere from 3 months to a year.

You may find further medical opinions very useful indeed, if you've not already sought them. If not, then please take a moment to visit www.givemea2econd.com to find out how a second opinion could help you.

If you're sure you will go ahead as scheduled, then please feel free to start a new thread (just as you did here) in our <link> Pre-Op Support forum where others can share their experiences. If, however, you'd like to take this opportunity to explore the possibility of other options/procedures to avoid major surgery, then please don't hesitate to check out the Treatment Options Page and start a new thread for support in our Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives forum.

Sending all good wishes and positive thoughts!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.