HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

hysterectomy and resectioning of bowel hysterectomy and resectioning of bowel

Unread 05-04-2012, 03:30 PM
hysterectomy and resectioning of bowel

Hi all, I have severe endometriosis and after years of pain laparoscopies and injections of Decapeptyl my gynae has decided to do a hysterectomy.

I had my last lap in February and after this he decided to do the hysterectomy, but also whilst having that lap he had to call a colerectal surgeon into theater as my bowel is stuck to my uterus, so also have to have bowel resectioning and may have a bag for a 6 to 12 weeks.

Just curious for input/info on other members experiences with like operations. Thanks in advance
Unread 05-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Re: hysterectomy and resectioning of bowel

I will have a bowel resection on May 17th with possible colostomy. They have found endometriosis in the colon. 11 years ago when I was first diagnosed with endo the doctor found my colon attached to my uterus on one side and my spine on the other. She was able to get them apart with out a bowel resection at the time. I haven't had a hysterectomy yet either. If you surgery is after mine, I can try to fill you in as I go along so you have a little clue as to what to expect. Also there is someone here that has been through it, she replied to my thread several days ago. Hopefully returns and can help you along also.
Unread 05-06-2012, 12:08 AM

If you look for my thread you can see what she wrote to me. Good luck hun!
Unread 05-07-2012, 11:27 AM

Thanks for reply berrykin, will have a look at your thread, goodluck for the 17th and look forward to seen how you get on
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:45 PM

I typed out a huge post to "berrykin" ....hopefully you have found it by now. What questions do you have and when is your surgery? I did not have to have a bag. It is my understanding they only do the bag if it was done under emergency conditions (i.e. no bowel prep) or if they have to cut too far down on the colon.
Unread 05-07-2012, 10:06 PM

Bowel resection for large mass in colon, is the title of my thread if you haven't found it yet. I will try to update several times after surgery, but remember we are all different and yours may go different. At the same time I know how you feel on this side of surgery, cause I am still here with you. So when I cross over I will try to give you insight into what may happen! Good luck hun
Unread 05-08-2012, 11:28 AM

Found your thread berrykin and your post surgsoonTX, thanks to both, will keep my eye on thread.

I have been quite bad since last October and cannot believe how much this can effect ones life. I was diagnosed with endo 9 years ago but always got some relief with the Laps and a treatment of decapeptyl, but not this time. After lap and MRI in Feb gynae said extensive endo and bowel stuck to uterus down near rectum, so have decided to do Hysterectomy and bowel resection, so will have 2 teams of docs working on me.
I have no date as of yet, looking like early June, (should have date next week). The colorectal doc said 60/70 % chance of having bag. Have to meet stoma Nurses this week in case of this

I have no real questions was just curious about other members experiences etc. Thanks
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:29 AM

Just an update on my first post, well after many visits and a change in surgeons, I at last had a TAH BSO in November and had it all done by laproscopic procedure, it was a 5 hour procedure but I am very great full to my Gynae for all the work she done and as a result did not need ileostomy bag they thought I may need. My large and small bowel were stuck, my ureter on right side stuck, my gynae described it that I was obliterated inside, but I'm on the other side now and I'm recovering well and so far managing the menopause without anything (hopefully this continues).

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.