HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

8 days post-op, symptoms galore 8 days post-op, symptoms galore

Unread 05-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Unhappy - 8 days post-op, symptoms galore 8 days post-op, symptoms galore

I have heard right after surgical menopause you go through a flux period when your hormones are being depleted due to the missing ovaries. When does it start to get better post-op for these symptoms?

I'm 31 and , had a VALH (full- including cervix and both ovaries) about 8 days ago now. My pain is significantly better than before the hyst. and I am healing from the surgery really fast (YAY!).

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but every day I'm growing to feel more like a crazy person, now I can't sleep at all but I'm exhausted all the time, have hot flashes and cold sweats, anxiety and panic attacks, and now I find myself randomly crying for no real reason at all.

Adding to all of that, the day after I got out of the hospital I moved away to stay with family and cannot get back to see my doctor who says I should stay on the Estradiol 2mg oral and 'just wait' it out.

At what point do I need to stop 'waiting' to feel like myself and start addressing symptoms?

thank you my sista's
Unread 05-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters!

You can meet up with others who have recently had surgery on the Post-Op Hysterectomy Message Board.

Find resources, articles, latest post-op discussions and more on our Post-Op Page.

For more information about managing your journey around the site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ.

If you need resources for managing menopausal symptoms with or without hormone therapy, visit our Hormone Jungle page for helpful information.

We are glad you registered!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

P.S. This is our "Introduce Yourself" forum and its purpose is to point you in the proper direction for the best support for your needs. Only staff can reply here for the purpose of helping you find your way around the HysterSisters.com website. Support by our members is offered in our support forums (links in this reply above) where you can ask your specific questions and receive replies from our members. We look forward to seeing you on the support boards of this site!
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Re: 8 days post-op, symptoms galore

I'm glad you found us and joined, and hope you will enjoy spending time on this site while you heal.

There's good recovery information for you to use in the Post-Op Page, plus you can start new threads on the Post-Op message board if you have any recovery questions. For the best input at this point regarding surgical menopause and hormones, please feel welcome to post a new thread on the Hormone and Menopause Central message board.

Best wishes for your recovery!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway