HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Unread 05-06-2012, 11:34 AM
My story

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to share my story about hormones. I had a hysterectomy and BSO in 2001. I went on Prempro right away and stayed on it for several years. I felt pretty well.

Then I went on Estrace alone and started having terrible migraines, getting closer together. There were days I couldn't do anything but stay in bed and sleep all day, horrible! Then I starting taking Imitrex and that was all that helped get rid of the headaches from h---.

About three years ago I started to wean myself slowly off the estrogen, very slowly. What a miracle, no more migraines. I think I just had too much estrogen in my body. I feel pretty good now after going thru some hot flashes. I just wanted to let you know about this if you are suffering from bad headaches. I realize everyone is different. I am older than a lot of you and maybe at my age I don't need as much estrogen. Be well.
Unread 05-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Re: My story

I totally agree with you. I tried the patch right in the hospital and horrible migraines began. I have had a history of migraines too! I decided to do no hrt and do just vitamines and supplements and I haven't had to take any migraine medicine in the longest time, praise god! Still have some hot flashes but are working through them. They are not horrible!
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:51 PM

Thanks Ladies, for the wonderful insight.

I have battled this for all these years and coming closer and closer to getting off of everything. I've never had so many "issues" in my life as I've had trying to work out the hormones.
Unread 05-08-2012, 03:53 PM

Yes, it's such a long journey thru this hormone jungle! So very hard to balance them, then your doctor comes along and tells you to go off them after telling you for years you must be on them.

I think you have to make up your own mind, it's your body after all! Be well.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.