HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Sharp pains 6 days after surgery Sharp pains 6 days after surgery

Unread 11-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Sharp pains 6 days after surgery

I'm having sever sharp pains on the left side of my abdomen, between two incisions. It feels like a knife stabbing me, it doesn't matter what position I'm in, even breathing hurts. My other incision are fine and not a problem. If feels as if it was stitched wrong, even running ur finger over the area is intense pain.
Unread 11-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Re: Sharp pains 6 days after surgery

It is not uncommon to have one incision that has more pain than the others. This is usually the one that they manipulated the instruments in and can be painful and have bruising even. Maybe a heating pad or ice may help some of that.

When you feel up to it we'd love to have you on the recovery thread for your surgery week located here - November 5-11. It was very helpful to me to post with my same week sister who were going through it right with me. Looking forward to seeing you sister!!
Unread 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM

That does help a lot...it's not an incision that hurts its the whole area between, it's a pain that I have never had before and I have had 2 surgeries this year to prevent a hysterectomy and as u see they didn't work...it almost feels like a knife or ripping feeling if I move in any way or sit that affects my right side...I have been up and moving and not being a big ninny baby about it, but the neasea, light headedness, vomiting, and pain is starting to worry me...
Unread 11-12-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lneal2112 View Post
it's a pain that I have never had before ...the neasea, light headedness, vomiting, and pain is starting to worry me...
I think that the pain is just part of the healing process. Sorry. Regarding the nausea and the pain, are you taking pain meds or do you know what's causing your nausea? If it's the meds, have you talked to your doc about giving you an alternative to the one that you're taking?
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lneal2112 View Post
it's a pain that I have never had before.....
Any NEW pain needs to reported to your doctor. Please call and let us know what s/he says.
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:19 PM

I finally got in to see the dr, he was in a rush, so I didn't get to ask all my questions nor did he really have time, or what seemed the desire to discuss much with me, but after a quick pelvic exam, and abdomen exam, I have to extememly large blood clots on either side. They are still have the testosterone injection I need on back order and it could be weeks, and I'm now below 10 on my levels. Last night I completely passed out and for the first time ever had blood on my urine. My husband took me to the ER, and they drew 3 tubes of blood, and I still had blood in my urine specimen. I asked them to draw a rainbow when they took my blood but they didn't...I was told to be completely on bed rest, and I found out they performed my surgery with my white blood cell count alarmingly high...my last surgery for my dnc, and to remove my left ovary and tube I had an infection at that time due to a ruptured cyst that hasn't drained, so I was operated on and the infection spread, when I called the office the nurse said oh my bad I forgot to call u in antibiotics 5 days before my surgery cause u have an infection...followed with another my bad, and we will call u in some...this hysterectomy was done 6 days after a cyst the size of a baseball ruptured and the sona images showed a large amount of free fluid and blood in my andomen, which never drained. So again I went into surgery with an infection and antibiotics were given before I was released from the hospital, I did presurgical bloodwork 5 days before my surgery, they had time to fix the problem if they would of looked at my results, or begin an iv with antibiotics...it was sad that the ER nurses acted more concerned, and talked about my blood clots and sat and answered questions than the dr did,...I'm frustrated that I have to suffer and be in pain and a bit alarmed of the blood clots cause to him I'm just an appointment, and money, he spent more time talking about how he had never seen so much wrong with one person, or cysts that big, or endometriosis on the lining outside of the uterus...u couldn't even see my enlarged ovary with had cysts in it cause it was ingulfed by lager blood filled cysts, and my uterus was 4 times the normal size cause it was full of fybroids,...needless to say everything was inflamed and cranky inside. Before surgery...but that was more important to him than my pain and issues now, he also tossed my almost full bottle of pain pills back at me and told me to just trash them, cause I told him, they make me sick toy stomach, and give me a headache...his response what do u want me to do about it...I feel like just a chart to him....I didn't proof read so sorry if things are misspelled or worded wrong...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.