HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Emergency Hysterectomy? Emergency Hysterectomy?

Unread 05-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Emergency Hysterectomy?

I realize Im new but hoping some of you may be able to calm my fears...

I posted a couple weeks ago that I had Laproscopic surgery and was told I needed a hysterectomy (Im sorry I searched and searched and couldnt find the abbreviations and what they meant ie; TAH etc.. Please help me find that section.) Anyway.... I went back to the drs yesterday passing large clots, heavy bleeding, and TERRIBLE pain. I was sent to have an emergency ultrasound and found out that a cyst that was left in has grown to almost triple its size since my surgery 2 weeks ago. They wanted to admit me last night to have the hysterectomy this morning but the hospital they wanted to admit me to is the same hospital that misdiagnosed my father who passed away because of it. They allowed me to return home and I just got a call that they are waiting for another hospital to call them back with an opening. My dr told me I need to be admitted by the end of the week. Right now Im on bed rest and pain meds. She allowed me to come home to wait as long as I promised to stay in bed

Im 29 with 2 children but Im still scared to death..... Are emergency hysterectomys done a lot? Please direct me to anything I should know or things I can research while I browse the site...

Im sorry for my rambling... Im so nervous and not really thinking properly
Unread 05-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Emergency Hysterectomy?

Also besides ovarian cysts I have endimetreosis, and fibroid tumors... Im just a big mess *sigh*
Unread 05-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Emergency Hysterectomy?

(((Danni))), of course you are scared! Even with having time to plan ahead the idea of surgery can be frightening. Here on this site you are surrounded by caring women who will do their best to help you learn more about what to expect and hopefully help calm you, too!

Here is a link to the Abbreviations so you can figure out the acronyms we use here.

You will also want to read the Checkpoints and the Pre-Op and Post-Op Articles for tons of information which will help you prepare for surgery and recovery.

We are here for you every step of the way! Post questions here in Pre-Op as you think of them and we will do our best to answer.

I'm sending big s!!
Unread 05-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Emergency Hysterectomy?

Thank you April. So Im having a TAH I got that figured out. I told my DH about the site and the store. He told me to order something for him too, preferrably a chef, housekeeper, and a new chatterbox (he claims I talk a lot ) He always knows how to cheer me up. Jeepers this is a whole lot to take in in such a short time
Unread 05-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Emergency Hysterectomy?

Aww sweety I am sos orry you are having it so rough....It will be ok tho..Once they do the surgery & you start to heal your gonna feell tons better..I had TVH so I have nothing I can tell ya about the way yours will be done, but just wanted ya to know you are in my thoughts & prayers sweety..
Unread 05-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Emergency Hysterectomy?

Your DH has a great sense of humor! Did you know there is a site for him, too? He can go to misterhystersisters.com or click the "For Men" link near the top of the page.

Yes, there is a lot to take in at once! Concentrate on the Pre-Op Articles for now and the Checkpoints. You can always read the Post-Op Articles while you are recovering.

Best wishes to you!

s
Unread 05-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Emergency Hysterectomy?

Hey Danni!

It's very scary to have surgery without much preparation.I had a haemorrahge 9 days after my son was born,and was rushed to hospital for surgery to save my uterus...I was very scared...like a scene from E.R! I awoke 3 days later,to be told they had to perform an emergency hyst,to save my life.

I found my recovery to be slow...I was emotionally adjusting to the surgery AFTER it happened and physically recovering at the same time.Can you ask someone to stay with you and help you out,as you recover? It might give you a bit more time to accept whats happened, and not rush things? I hope it all goes well and that you are soon feeling well again!
Unread 05-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Emergency Hysterectomy?

I am a bit confused with the information in your posting. Are you having a hysterectomy because of a cyst? or what? While it is being scheduled somewhat urgently it does not seem to be an emergency (or you would have had the surgery by now). Have you considered getting a second opinion prior to the surgery?

What kind of cyst is it? Could surgery be limited to removal of cyst only? Any other treatment options?
Unread 05-25-2005, 08:41 PM
Emergency Hysterectomy?

I'm sorry this is happening to you. All I can say is I will keep you in my prayers. When it's over and you feel better update us!!
Unread 05-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Emergency Hysterectomy?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearle
I am a bit confused with the information in your posting. Are you having a hysterectomy because of a cyst? or what? While it is being scheduled somewhat urgently it does not seem to be an emergency (or you would have had the surgery by now). Have you considered getting a second opinion prior to the surgery?

What kind of cyst is it? Could surgery be limited to removal of cyst only? Any other treatment options?
I call it an emergency hyst. because thats what my dr called it Ive had several surgeries, and lupron therapy nothing is working. Im having a hyst at this point because my organs are overcome with endimetreosis, I have large fibroid tumors and the reason why its being pushed up to now is because I have a 9cm cyst that was 3cm 2 wks ago. So basically it was going to be done in July now she says we've waited long enough.

As for a 2nd opinion this is my 5th. Ive been with this dr for a year. I kept ditching dr's because they claimed a hyst was necessary. This isnt something I wanted!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway