Its really going to happen isnt it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Its really going to happen isnt it Its really going to happen isnt it

Unread 03-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Its really going to happen isnt it

I met with the Corp. complex HR manager tuesday. We completed the FMLA,STD and LOA forms- I am due back on May 15th, 7 weeks to the day from my surgery.

Tomorrow I do the Hospital Pre op, then next week Thursday do Dr. Pre Op....then it is nearly TIME.

So it is real. No more insurance delays, no more tests that have to be run, no more reasons not to go through with it....to finish it.

I asked my DBF to be my proxy for my advanced directives, that freaked him out a little. I have filled out my forms for advanced directives, and that act freaked me out a little.

I know this will all be fine. In ten days, I will present myself to the Castle, under the talented, sure hands of my doctor, and the surgery staff, and they will take very good care of me.

Breathing, breathing, breathing....I imagine this next week will be filled with lots and lots of deep breathing and I will be using every relaxation technique I have learned throughout the years.

Its going to happen.
T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2006, 09:29 AM

Breathing is good. Lots and lots of breathing. (mental note to try that myself after last night's meltdown )
You will be fine. I have to complete my advanced directives stuff as well and it is a little freaky. But a good idea.
My pre-op is tomorrow and I'm sure afterwards it will really start sinking in that this IS IT. I'll be running around like a madwoman trying to get things ready. Naaahhhh...maybe I'd just better take in a movie with DH and DD (step-daughter), buy some new jammies (to go with my 99 other pair ) and have a chocolate mint milkshake. Sounds like a much better plan.
Pamper yourself a little.
BIG
Unread 03-23-2006, 09:41 AM

Yes it is, and you're going to be fine... and much better off for it

I know what you mean though... Im going through a mixed bag of emotions this week too. Resolve, anxiety, fear, and just wanting to get it over with. I'm waiting for that peaceful feeling to take over. It hasn't happened yet, lol.

Hang in there girl. A couple weeks from now we'll be hanging out in the post-op forum talking about how well we're recovering

And at some point today I'm going to pack for my trip, LOL!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2006, 09:57 AM

I had my pre-op yesterday, so yes, it is for real. I think I am starting to have panic attacks. Every now and then, I feel like I can't breathe. Then when I don't think about it I seem fine. Too many emotions to list. Any suggestions?
Unread 03-23-2006, 10:33 AM
breathing

So breathing is the key to getting through the next 2 weeks?????

I had my pre-op with my dr. on Tuesday and I head for my bloodwork on Wednesday. I have been making tons of lists to try and get my anxiety to calm down to no avail! Maybe the breathing will work better, haha!!!

I really don't understand why I'm so nervous. I have had 3 previous laps, 2 with the same dr. who is doing my LAVH, yet I am still freaking out.

You have my hugs and prayers.

Feel well!
Unread 03-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Pre Op Labs

Tamque......but have you started the cleaning ,the laundry, the groceries? I havent done nothing! I look at my list and my eyes cross! LOL!!! I was wondering did your Dr want you to do your pre-op labs so early?? I called the hospital and scheduled my pre-op labs and registration early .....then the next day I got a call saying your Dr says 1-3 days before surgery. I'm glad they caught that before I went down and then they'd be like um you need to come back! Any who girly hows everything w/ your family? I'm trying to figure out if after surgery I'm gonna stay home or over at grandmas?? The only problem is that my sister and aunts are gonna be taking my daughter to school. I want to make everything easy on the people who are helping me; but my daughter said mom if you go home I wanna go home too. So I dont no what to do? Ok take care & pretty soon we will be too!!!
& Barbie
Unread 03-23-2006, 10:51 AM

The hospital I go to does their pre op generally a week or so before surgery in case there are any problems, so they can be resolved before surgery. My dr. likes to do her pre op a day or two before so that they questions/answers are fresh, she wants us to feel comfortable and it works for me.

My house doesn't get that bad, I CLEAN every Saturday and during the week, I dust and vaccuum daily due to dog hair. I will probably do a detail clean the Saturday before, and let my DBF deal with it afteward.

My honey made a notebook for my lists and we will do the "shopping" for my needs, wants and comforts this weekend.

I tend to not sweat the little stuff. I think I will survive the next ten days because of this site, and the women who share their experience.

Good luck to you all.
T
Unread 03-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Can anyone tell me this....

How long does the "swelly belly" last? I'm looking forward to a flat tummy again (I look like I'm pregnant) but I've heard sometimes the swelly belly doesn't disappear. I've always had a flat tummy. I'd hate to be disappointed. Also, I still have not heard anything from the hospital about pre-op. I'm thinking maybe they do them AFTER I see my doc for pre-op and everything is a go?? Anyone have any insight?
Unread 03-23-2006, 11:36 AM

There is so much I have left to do...so much I know won't get done....

sigh....
Unread 03-23-2006, 12:01 PM

I second that emotion Tamque......
sigh......
whatever shall we do?

Eat lots of chocolate?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register