4 Days Post Op Hysterectomy on Nov 8th - Anxious to return to life - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Days Post Op Hysterectomy on Nov 8th - Anxious to return to life 4 Days Post Op Hysterectomy on Nov 8th - Anxious to return to life

Unread 11-16-2014, 06:20 PM
4 Days Post Op Hysterectomy on Nov 8th - Anxious to return to life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtn1971 View Post
I have always been a quick healer and have a high pain threshold. I walked 2 miles 3 days after surgery. The 1st two weeks I felt great (very little pain, some afternoon and evening fatigue is all). I had TLH, so no big external incision to worry about.. only the internal incisions, which has proven to be much slower healing than I thought.

Weeks 3 through 9 have been up and down with fatigue and it's not the kind of fatigue I can "push through." It's a wall that hits me every afternoon and it almost feels like the flu. I'm starting to accept that I'm going to be one of the 3 to 6 monthers.. depite the fact that I am in excellent shape.

I did a circuit training workout with my trainer this morning, which usually leaves me feeling energized. I went home afterward and slept for 2 hours. Work outs leave me feeling worse.

I don't say this to scare you.. I say this as a word of caution to take it easy and do not assume that how you feel now is how you are going to feel every day. This recovery is not linear.. it's up and it's down and it can be long for some...even those of us who thought we were quick healers.

That said, I cannot tell from your profile above if you kept your cervix. If you did keep your cervix, your recovery could be a lot faster than those of us who had it removed. I hear that many woman heal very quickly from supracervical hysts.
Thank you for your input and your sharing of your situation. they did remove my cervix they left my ovaries they also removed my tubes and my uterus of course.

Tomorrow will be day 14 and I feel wonderful. I get tired but as long as I lay down for 20 minutes I have a re-boost of energy and I'm good to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2014, 12:12 AM
Re: 4 Days Post Op Hysterectomy- Anxious to return to life

I am 10 days post op and have been on my feet since the day after I left the hospital. I have had relatively no pain. I had to take some pain meds after a 2 hour ride to a friends house in the mountian ( for my recovery week) at day 4 I was on top of the mountian playing with the horses.... Although the bumpy ride in a 4wd truck caused some very uncomfortable jolts and bumps another pain pill and all was good again. No spotting, no pain, I have not felt this good in forever! I am taking it easy of coarse but so far I have done everything I have wanted, including going to an auction Saturday night and sitting for a couple hours! Loving this life after uterus!
Unread 11-17-2014, 12:14 AM

, I also took a short drive to the grocery store today just to see if I would have any issues there, and had no problems! Will be driving myself to my check up tomorrow
Unread 11-17-2014, 09:17 AM

I'm 4 days post op and feel better then I thought but not great. Just took a pain pill due to achyness and incisions are very tender. Sleep schedule is all messed up. I know not to expect too much and I'll have good days and bad days.
Juli
Unread 11-17-2014, 01:21 PM

Today I am 17 days post-op. My pain is lessening but it's still there if I sit or stand for a longer than 1/2 an hour. I'm still on pain meds. Am still spotting blood as well. Saw my doc today, he said my recovery will take longer due to all the complications and issues I had before. I have to follow up in 2 weeks. So I am taking it easy, going slow but doing. I'm not flat on my back. Also no stress, helps with the healing. I hope we all feel better real soon.
Unread 11-17-2014, 07:02 PM

Hello
I too am a quick healer. I used to work our 4 times a week. At my post opt appt he told me to not work out walk little bit not walk for ever and don't rode a bicycle. But I feel good and have little soreness at the three spots of where the de Vinci tools were. I had a TAH and kept my ovaries. I have not taken pain meds since leavig the hospital on the occasion I take ibeprofin. I am very anxious to go to the gym. But I will wait until 2015 jan. That is my goal. I went back to work I. Week one. I walk as much as can to stay Fit. I do listen to my body and don't lift or strain my self.ynwork dress slacks hurt my incisions when I bend over I hate that. Take it easy and one stel to healing at a time
Good luck
Unread 12-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Re: Post Op - Anxious to return to life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescuePups View Post
That is great! My recovery has been a little more difficult than I had expected, but not nearly as bad as most people assume when they hear "hysterectomy." Minimally invasive surgery is amazing!
Yea, I was expecting things to be way worse than they actually where. I had LAVH both ovaries taken. The first week I really don`t remember cause I slept a lot. The second week the fog lifted, lol today is day 15 and feeling awesome

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register