help please! new member. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help please! new member. help please! new member.

Unread 04-18-2011, 02:00 PM
help please! new member.

Ok so I am week 2 post op. I had an open abdominal hysterectomy. My uterus (and it's demon fibroid) as well as my cervix was removed. This morning I bent wayyyyyyy over to reach and turn on my printer.. bad move. I didn't realize it until I already done it. Now I have this dull ache in the middle of my pelvis where I imagine my cuff is and very slight darkish vaginal discharge. Did I mess something up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Re: help please! new member.

I would call your dr just to make sure. I would also put your feet up and take it easy. If you start bleeding and your changing your pad in less than a hour or you have a new pain go to the ER. Hope nothings wrong, keep us posted on your progress.
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:35 PM

Thanks for replying. I actually ended up calling my DR. She told me that I'm ok and that it's good that I'm feeling mobile, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2011, 02:54 PM

That's good to hear. I hope you continue to have a good recovery.
Unread 04-18-2011, 10:39 PM

I have caught myself moving my leg the wrong way getting into bed or putting on pants and I can feel it inside my vagina - like I'm pulling the stitches or something. No discharge. In fact, I've only seen a pale pink spot when I go to the bathroom maybe 3 times since the surgery, but it sure doesn't feel good when you pull yourself there and I'm so afraid of doing it that I'm extra careful moving my legs too much or too fast. It's good to hear your Dr. felt it was OK.

I'm freaking out because I was told that on my visit to my gyn/onc on the 25th I will be getting an internal exam and I'm so afraid of being ripped apart by that horrible speculum. I wish the appointment could have been six weeks out instead of less than four.
Unread 04-19-2011, 05:33 AM

Oh the dangers of feeling a little bit better. I forgot about my sore belly last night and reached (far) for the phone. My memory kicked right in! I'm fine but like you, was worried that I might have damaged something.
Unread 04-19-2011, 05:48 AM

Oh my goodness! My post-op is at the end of 4 weeks! I am thinking... "For what?" I guess they just wanna check the stitches, but I'm still not lifting or having sex until 6 weeks, I don't care what they say.

Yes! I almost feel bad for feeling better! I can bend and move and twist with minimal discomfort but when I did that deep bend to the floor I was like "oh crap!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register