Back in hospital and scared. - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back in hospital and scared. Back in hospital and scared.

Unread 08-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Re: Back in hospital and scared.

Don't be scared. You are in the hospital and everything will be taken care of. You will get through this.
Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Back in hospital and scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosy1012 View Post
Rosy here back from the hospital, 2 hospitals actually. I had a large hematoma on my vaginal cuff. From what the doctor tells me it collected blood and burst. It was a frightening
amount of blood, flooding down my legs and soaking everything including
pads and car seat. I was never so
scared and upset. I had the worlds
worst panic attack in the ER. They did
an internal exam and a giant clot came
out and they feel that held it all in.
They kept me overnight and did a CAT
scan as well as an ULtrasound. The
later hurt like hell. I am now on antibiotics. That transferred me from the hospital close to me to one further that has more residents, they drove me by ambulance. I remember very little other than stress and crying. I never cry, I did a lot. I was worried about bleeding to death and frankly the nursing care was less than helpful. I think I was a tough patient though. I am still spotting a bit and very tired. Today is sleep, fluids and stool softeners. Back to the poopy issues. I am stunned and grateful by all the well wishes and prayers here. What can I ever say but thank you sisters. Hysterectomies are not for wimps, you ladies are the kindest and toughest.
I am glad that things are in order now - we were all sending love and healing. That was certainly a scary ordeal but am so glad it was an identifiable issue. Rest well.
Unread 08-20-2011, 01:07 PM

glad you doing better. whew! Yep out and about...did too much yesterday and paying for it today. Went and saw The Help at the movies. had a wonderful boohoo, tears running down my chest and cheeks. Ladies go see this one when you can! Anyhoo, Poop and Gas are much better....i'm just way swollen today. Laying low!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2011, 08:20 PM

I don't know if I expressed enough how grateful I am for all of your support. You held my hand in a dark hospital room, you worried from many states away, you were kind to a stranger in need. You understood my fears when no one else could. I am grateful and deeply touched in my soul. The sad sore empty place where my uterus and cervix used to be is now filled with your kindness. Thank you my sisters in healing.
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:36 PM

Hi Rosey how are you doing? What happened while you were in the hospital. Did they have to go back in?? I hope not..I hope you are resting and this finds you feeling better!! Hugs
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:41 PM

No no no, just thanking these great woman. I was admitted for 2 days as I began to hemmorage from a hematoma and developed an infection. I am home for almost 2 weeks from that and SLOWLY healing.I
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Teensy View Post
Hi Rosey how are you doing? What happened while you were in the hospital. Did they have to go back in?? I hope not..I hope you are resting and this finds you feeling better!! Hugs
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:45 PM

I know exactly what you mean in reference to getting your life back. It is difficult to focus on anything because you are scared and frustrated. You went through an ordeal! I am 6 1/2 weeks and still not up to snuff. I think the worst was listening to people telling me that I should be fine and back to normal. My 6th week I had to take my daughter back to college and move her up into her 3rd floor room. NO I did not lift anything heavy, just light stuff. But it wiped me out from the drive to unpacking the car. I stayed over as planned and rested, it reallt stinks. Oh and do you feel like a weather vane? My sutures seem to hurt when it is going to rain.! Am I crazy???
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:49 PM

I am so glad that you are feeling better Rosy and they did not have to go back in. Yes, this site has alot of great women. MD's dont tell you everything, but this site can scare you also with all the wild stories. We all must count our blessings.
Unread 08-29-2011, 09:49 PM

Teensy you are so right. Only those of us having gone through..going through this know how it is. The theory that 'all should be back to normal' in 6 weeks is only a theory. We all heal differently.MD's can say what they want but only hystersisters know. Glad everyone is doing better. I am 5 weeks post TAH
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:36 AM

You said it sister ! LOL beautiful day go and enjoy it, even if it is laying or sitting outside..Took awhile to get to that point

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register