Scheduled dVH/RALH hysterectomy in 2 days (5/20) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy in 2 days (5/20) hysterectomy in 2 days (5/20)

Unread 05-18-2014, 10:17 PM
hysterectomy in 2 days (5/20)

I am having a hysterectomy in 2 days, 2 days I am freaking out, I can't sleep, my head hurts, I had someone tell me if u are thinking about it so much then u should not have it, I have to have it done but it Made Me Feel Horrible, I Am 29 And I Am Just Nervous, any words of encouragement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Re: hysterectomy in 2 days

Hi there mykiea.
I'm also 29.
I'm sorry this is so scary. I'm sorry that person said that. Obviously they have no idea how this feels or what tact is. Once I found out I was having a hysterectomy it was always on my mind. It was all I could think about some days. People had the dumbest reactions! Just flat out inappropriate or stupid. I even ignored my friends quite a bit because their problems annoyed me.
"Oh you're having a bad hair day? Oh too bad yeah... MY UTERUS IS GETTING YANKED OUT! "
For what it's worth your reactions seem perfectly normal to me. They really really do! I tried to act so normal and as I got toward the date I would just spaz out and lash out mostly at my very very forgiving hubby.
I'm now a week post op from a total abdominal hysterectomy and I'm so happy. Everyone's recovery story and progress is different. Yesterday I walked a mile and a half. I went home from my mom's house today. I tried driving around the block and did great, but I let my sister drive because it takes 45 min and I didn't want to push it. A wonderful friend welcomed me home by bringing over some food. They stayed for hours, most of which I spent sitting at the kitchen table spanking the boys at a game. I'm tired now, but I'm so glad to have this done with. Just remember in two days you will be on the road to recovery!
Unread 05-18-2014, 11:40 PM

I am going on 7 weeks post op. I had a smooth surgery, uterus, fallopion tubes, cervix, and a cyst on my right overy. I was scared at first but then realized I wouldn't be in the horrible pain I had been experiencinfection the last 3 years. That made me feel better. Recovery is nothing to the pain I had. Although everyone is different don't get discourge, I'm sure this is the best decision for your health. You'll be in my thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2014, 12:09 AM

Hi Mykiea, im coming up for surgery on the 10 june and went and did all the hospital forms and bought some nighties and supplies getting ready for it and i feel a bit funny today as a little dizzy, but i think thats just the realisation that it will be happening soon, im not generally 1 to worry till the last minute then im sure ill be the same as you and a bit nevous! Just ignore the negative things people may say, you are obviously having this done for a very good reason and like myself will be very happy to have it over and done with and on the road to recovery! =) Take care Hun will be thinking of you!
Janette
Unread 05-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Re: hysterectomy in 2 days (5/20)

Hi!

You are entitled to be nervous - it is a nerve racking time! I can honestly say I feel like, one year later, I am in the best health of my life. I felt blessed to have minimal pain following - just took ibuprofen / no need for narcotics once I was out of the hospital. I was ready to get up and go about 5 days post op, so the hardest part for me was the restrictions on lifting, pushing and pulling.

Try your best to relax and pamper yourself now, and get your recovery space ready. Right now - it is all about YOU! You have complete permission to take care of yourself.

Let us know if we can help - we are all here for you! Feel free to message
Unread 05-19-2014, 09:20 PM

I'm feeling the same way. I have a prolapsing uterus and bladder. Mine is scheduled for May 22nd. Was supposed to have the Da Vinci method then this morning I was told my insurance is giving us problems getting that approved. I broke down in my Dr's office at the thought of the total abdominal version. I've had 2 c sections and I know they aren't any fun. My Dr thinks he can do it laproscopic. I can't afford to be off work for 6-8 weeks and I'm scared that I will come out of surgery only to find out that they had to do it abdominally. The thing is...my doctor AND hospital both told me that the Da vinci version will cost my insurance the exact same amount yet my insurance doesn't want to approve it...even though they will pay more for 3-4 days of hospital stay verses 1-2 with Da Vinci. I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster. Hoping things go well for both of us!
Unread 05-20-2014, 01:55 PM

Have you tried calling your insurance company and speaking with them directly? Or, do you have an insurance company advocate through your employer?

I cannot speak for the other surgery, but the DaVinci was what I had, and my recovery did seem a little easier than some.

Hang in there, girls - you'll both do just fine!
Unread 05-20-2014, 04:28 PM

Conniel2020, so sorry about your insurance situation! Don't give up without a battle is what I say! I've battled my insurance and even though I lost my particular battle (for coverage of Focused Ultrasound), I am so glad I tried. The more women fight for the right to get the treatment of their choice, the more likely the insurance companies will have to eventually cave in, and who knows, you may win! The process is generally the same with all companies - you file an appeal challenging their denial and back it up with as much evidence as you can as to why you need the Davinci (provide a letter from your work saying that you will not get paid time off for a long recovery, financial evidence that you don't have enough money to just take time off with no pay, etc.). Are you anemic? If you are, then open surgery would be much more dangerous for you, and you could get a letter from your OB/GYN stating as much. If time is an issue and you need a decision quickly, you can also have the doctor write that is the case, in order to get the insurance to expedite your paperwork. If they deny your appeal, you are entitled to what is called a Third Party review, where all your paperwork is then given to a panel of outside doctors who are SUPPOSED to be objective, and their decision is final. My panel of doctors unfortunately did not know anything about Focused Ultrasound. Davinci has been around for a while, so your doctor panel should be knowledgable. I wish you the best, and hope that you get the treatment you desire.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register