Missing urination sensation! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Missing urination sensation! Missing urination sensation!

Unread 05-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Missing urination sensation!

Anyone out there with this problem? I asked the doc, and he said it will come back...

I have not had the urge to urinate since my surgery. I just get a uncomfortable pressure feeling in my lower abdomen when I need to go. I've had a couple of twinges like the feeling was coming back, but no luck. It's REALLY weird!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2005, 06:08 PM

I had problems with that as well. I'm six months out from my surgery and it still doesn't feel completely normal.

My doctor has assured me that there is nothing wrong that it just takes longer for some of us.
Unread 05-22-2005, 06:25 PM

Yep, me to, it's worst at night. I was waking up with pain that felt like I has held my urine way to long. It's getting better now though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2005, 06:28 PM

I have this also though its getting better. I just go every few hours whether or not I think I need to.
Unread 05-22-2005, 06:42 PM

I'm over two years post-op, and find that my "sense of having to go" is still different than before my hyst! I used to sense it more deeply in my lower abdomen, but now I seem to feel it in my urethra. :eyes: I think some of my "pelvis insides" are permanently numb.
It's not "bad"...just different. It's not like I am wetting myself or anything!

s to all,
Unread 05-22-2005, 07:10 PM

yes its normal and will come back every day a little more, took about six weeks for me, very weird. I had to go every hour just to make sure I didn't wet myself.
Unread 05-22-2005, 08:15 PM

Thanks for sharing, everyone! Now I don't feel completely strange!! *grin*

I was using the same method - just go every now and then whether I needed to or not - at least helped me recognize the signs of needing to go!
Unread 05-22-2005, 08:59 PM

It's interesting to me that we can have the same symptoms, and have them so differently. I had that same lack of urgency feeling after my hyst. My surgery was almost a year ago, June 7, and I think it was sometime in Nov. before I realized the sensations returned to what I had before the surgery. I remember telling my daughter, that it was like all of a sudden, I just felt full and knew I needed to get to the bathroom fast! (The good thing was, since I had a cystocele repair done, I COULD make it to the bathroom!) I just didn't get the "oh, hey, it's almost time to go to the bathroom" sensations for a while.

I also had numbness on my left foot, along the top of the foot from the ankle to the middle 3 toes. That didn't completely go away until about February. Gradually the feeling and sensation improved, but boy, was it ever strange.
Unread 05-22-2005, 11:24 PM

I have had this problem also. I don't really feel the urge to go i just go because I figure I should. Then I sit there and wait for the "river to run" so to speak. Told DH I feel like I am potty training, he asked me if I wanted a coloring book to keep me company! at least I know he was paying attention all those years ago with the kids.
Unread 05-23-2005, 05:20 AM

Me too!!! I have it worse at night. I go alot more because of the lack of sensation. It does feel like pain. I never realized this before until reading this post. Nice to share same experiences.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register