Supra-pubic catheter | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Supra-pubic catheter Supra-pubic catheter

Unread 09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Supra-pubic catheter

Im getting a bladder sling at the time as my hysterectomy so my surgeon said I would not be able to pee on my own and would need a catheter to drain my bladder for the first few days after sugery. He recommended the supra pubic cath.

Ive been spending all my time trying to decide if I should have a TVH or a SAH that I almost forgot about the supra-cevical catheter. I'm just not sure what to expect. It all sounds so serious and major. Any advice on the supra pubic catheter??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Re: Supra-pubic catheter

I came home with a Foley Catheter after my VH with bladder sling and repairs. I just couldn't get the old bladder to wake up after surgery. It really wasn't as bad as you'd expect. Not once did I have to get up during the night to pee for 10 days! Just make sure you put your urine bag in a bucket or something. My plug came undone and I peed all over the floor! LOL! The only thing I know about the supra-pubic catheter, is that you can shut it off and on so that you can retrain your bladder to work again. I didn't have that option, and it did take a little while to get my bladder to understand what it was supposed to do.

I am sure there are other threads on the supra-pubic catheter. Just go to the search box, and type it in.

FYI, I am 4 1/2 months out from surgery, and I feel wonderful. Please give yourself time to heal properly, I think that was the one thing I did best. I put myself first! Best wishes to you, and keep us posted. Sending you prayers on Oct. 4!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register