Oh gosh, Please no second surgery (just saw Dr. few hours ago) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oh gosh, Please no second surgery (just saw Dr. few hours ago) Oh gosh, Please no second surgery (just saw Dr. few hours ago)

Unread 01-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Re: Oh gosh, Please no second surgery (just saw Dr. few hours ago)

LOL-you girls def make me smile when I need it most!

I used to say I'd come back as a man if I believed in reincarnation (I don't though) but I honestly don't think I could-I have had the hardest time laying around (like my man normally does!) while I recover, and I also could not be content with doing things wrong (on purpose or not) like socks on wrong, LOL-I guess I'd have to come back as a non-straigh man or a non-straight woman as this relationship stuff is for the birds as far as all we women put up with!!!!! (been married almost 23 yrs together for 25-yikes!)

Of course don't "want" surgery again, but if it will fix it them I'm cool with it (also would dig real deep to find satisfaction in proving to husband I and Dr. were right and he was wrong!-oh, how sad that sounds of me to say!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2012, 10:38 PM

Oh Kathy....sorry that you are going thru all this. When was your surgery for the hyster, and how soon was it that you found out about the infection?
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:47 PM

Had ecoli bladder infection found in hospital post op. Been on antibiotics from surgery, to two weeks post op, and now again. I didn't know I had it at first honestly.

Now, past few days/nights bad/unusual pain in lower left abd, like where ovary used to be, but also along with bladder spasms, pain goes through to my back, and it hurts upon emptying my bladder, but no stinging or burning when I go pee.

Upon pelvic exam today it was VERY uncomfortable on that side/spot, but no where else he pressed on, so he is quite concerned, I just want the pain and symptoms to stop, so I don't mind really, whatever he has to do he can do it-I trust him completely and faithfully. He was taking it more serious today than I was, I was rather casual about it honestly, but he always takes wonderful care of me as a patient I get treated very, very well.
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:19 AM

Hey Susan; you are right! They should have female only retirement facilities! Wouldn't that be fun! It's too early for you to be laughing too much so I won't tell you the rest of it. Anyway, my husband is not cut out to be a nurse we know that! When he put my shoes on, he took the shoe laces and yanked on them like he wanted to tie them around his ears! I yelled and said "what are you doing, trying to cut off my feet in one shot?" LOL It's funny how we all like things a certain away. I have learned now that he likes his shoes REALLY tight, and like to have circulation to mine LOL!!!
Have a great day of rest! One week Thursday for you, 6 weeks tomorrow for me! yahoo!!
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:34 AM

Keep your chin up! I'm also sorry your family is non caring.
Unread 01-17-2012, 11:11 AM

Kathy,

I don't know what to say. I so hope you don't need surgery, and that your problem sorts itself out...

I'm going through things feeling very lonely, too. I wish I could hug you and make you feel better.

I wish you all the best, all the very best. A big hug.
Unread 01-17-2012, 12:29 PM

Thank you everyone so much. Your support does help alot.
Unread 01-17-2012, 03:10 PM

Kathy, I'm hoping that the second antibiotic does the trick. My EX-husband treated me like that, that's why he is my ex. Went 4-wheeling while I had my first major surgery . *hug*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register