Horrible pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Horrible pain Horrible pain

Unread 05-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Horrible pain

Hi ladies,

I had confirmation of my hysterectomy with my gyno on 28 May - she unfortunately cannot do lap surgery so has passed me on to another gyno.

However to determine that I would need lap surgery she needed to see how much 'give' was in my cervix to see if she could remove it via the vagina. The pulling she did on my cervix was tremendously painful, and it's now the 31st and the pain is so severe I can't work properly - I can't sit or stand without wincing and at time I get pain like contractions.

Is this a normal feeling to have after getting the cervix pulled down? I don't know whether to see my GP as they usually can't do anything. I run a recruitment firm so I need to keep working (lucky I work from home) but I'm currently on Ponstan, Digesic, and Tramadol.

Any advice or support will be so gratefully received.

x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Re: Horrible pain

Wow, I cannot say if this is normal or not. My doc was unsure if laparascopic would be possible but she just put me out and tried (and it was). I kept my cervix so perhaps that was the difference. I hope your pain resolves soon.
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:54 PM

I would call your doctor and let her know what is going on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2013, 08:26 PM

Thanks Marestail, I've left a message for my GYN and am waiting to hear from her.

The pain is horrible - my DH (which should be darling caring supportive husband) has taken the day off work to watch over me. I'm still working though, but as little as possible.
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:07 PM

I've just heard from the GYN and she's confirmed that she's aggrivated the vessels. I've been ordered bed rest for a few days to ensure they calm down and I don't burst any.

Thanks ladies for reading my post and being kind enough to care and respond.

Feeling the love <3
Unread 05-31-2013, 05:24 AM

I had a camera shoved up mine to look at the fibroids a few years ago - was told it was tight because I'd not had kids. Boy did it hurt after so I sympathize with you. It did go after a few days but was unpleasant at the time. I hope it passes quickly for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register