bulky uterus with fibroids in the uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bulky uterus with fibroids in the uterus bulky uterus with fibroids in the uterus

Unread 12-08-2014, 09:44 AM
bulky uterus with fibroids in the uterus

i have undergone ultrasound recently with below finding
"The report says as below "Bulky uterus measuring 13.6 * 8.4 * 6.6 cm in size. A Large well -defined heterongenous lesion predominent with hyperechoic areas within it seen in the uterine cavity. It measures 6.9 * 5.3 cm in size. It shows predominently peripheral vascularity with some internal vascularity also, mostly likely a submucosal fibroid. Endomrtrium is not see seperately. Another small well-defined lesion seen in the posterior wall of the uterus. Both the overies are visualized and appear normal. No evidence of solid or cystic lesion in the ovaries or adnexae."

Please let me knwo how critical it is and what should be done to cure it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Re: bulky uterus with fibroids in the uterus

I had a similar large bulky uterus. Were you sent for the ultrasound because you are having other symptoms? Initially I was anemic from heavy bleeding and on exam my Dr. noticed an enlarged uterus with fibroids. From there I had an ultrasound and then asked to be referred to a gynecologist. At that appointment we discussed my symptoms and possible treatment solutions starting with non- invasive. As well I needed to have an endometrial biopsy.
Unread 12-08-2014, 10:09 AM

it got diagnosed during regual health checkup. I am not having any specific symptoms, For past 2-3 months, I am havign heavy flow during my periods for 3-4 days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2014, 10:23 AM

Did the Dr. who reviewed your results suggest any further tests or a referral to a gynecologist? In my case I noticed my bleeding was getting heavier and I was making attempts to normalize the situation. And finally I realized that my situation was not the norm.
Unread 12-08-2014, 12:36 PM

I suffered from fibroids. Spent way too much time over the years having pelvic and transvaginal ultrasounds, watching those fibroids get bigger and being told to "wait and see" by my OB/GYN since I was approaching menopause. I took matters in my own hands by researching as much as I could and came to discover that my diet was playing havoc on me. Specifically meat and dairy products were the culprits. I gradually changed my eating habits and was amazed by how I was able to eliminate the pain and reduce the size of my fibroids. The dramatic changes I experienced prompted me to start a blog so that I could share what I've learned about the role that our food choices play on our health. Please consider your food choices and how it pertains to you overall health.
Unread 12-10-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitatripathi View Post
i have undergone ultrasound recently with below finding
"The report says as below "Bulky uterus measuring 13.6 * 8.4 * 6.6 cm in size. A Large well -defined heterongenous lesion predominent with hyperechoic areas within it seen in the uterine cavity. It measures 6.9 * 5.3 cm in size. It shows predominently peripheral vascularity with some internal vascularity also, mostly likely a submucosal fibroid. Endomrtrium is not see seperately. Another small well-defined lesion seen in the posterior wall of the uterus. Both the overies are visualized and appear normal. No evidence of solid or cystic lesion in the ovaries or adnexae."

Please let me knwo how critical it is and what should be done to cure it.
basically...you have fibroids...they are almost always non cancerous . The size is about size mine was.
Your age, risk of cancer, surgeon, desire to have kids..so many things must be taken into account...and ultimately really has to be your decision. I tried some fibroid shrinking drugs which didn't work at first...fibristal...and my scan showed my fibroid kept growing..it wasn't cancerous but they didn't know for sure so had to do a total abdominal incision hysterectomy...I was glad as fibroids can act like parasites and draw on you for nourishment...as well they sometimes grow back...and I was post menopausal so didn't worry about an immediate surgical menopause..
so all these factors weigh into your decision...why not do some reading on fibroids...it woul dhelp you make decisions and then speak with dr..gyny person..the surgery was not a big deal for me...just a lot of fatigue which went on for couple of months...I've had worse dental pain..hope my experience helps but this is just me-all those other words basically are insignificant (I'm a medical person) but of course chat with your surgeon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register