Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8: Bloated and nervous!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8: Bloated and nervous!!! Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8: Bloated and nervous!!!

Unread 08-27-2015, 12:23 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8: Bloated and nervous!!!

In 13 days I am having a hysterectomy for a very thick uterus lining, excess tissue in the uterus and uterine prolapse. Over the past month my stomach has grown more bloated and hard as the days go on. Also the pain in my back is so bad. I can only wear dresses comfortably and I look pregnant!! Has anyone else experienced this? There is so much pressure I feel a little short of breath. Feeling nervous! Any comments or advice!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Re: Prolapse question...

My situation is a prolapsed bladder, and no doubt uterus too. After my exam by the doctor, it became clear to me that the bladder was actually causing pressure on the rectal area, therefore interfering with bowel habits. I was often bloated and 'out of sorts'. I'm sure that pressure affected my whole intestinal system and I felt terrible. Now, all of our bodies and situations are different, but perhaps you are having some pressure from your prolapse that is causing bloating because it stops normal intestinal function?
I hope this helps,
c
Unread 08-28-2015, 03:26 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8: Bloated and nervous!!!

Oh my - I had such similar experiences. I had huge twisted fibroids that were pressing on my bladder and other organs, with the additional bonus of lower back pain. UGH! My stomach was beyond bloated - it hurt and was beyond giggly. in my case, I wore loose fitting tops even BEFORE surgery, because my fibroids were so bad, they made my stomach look lopsided. I also kept running to the bathroom and needed a heating pad for both my back and stomach/pelvic area.

I would definitely think about ordering an abdominal binder but this is something that gals on the site have widely different opinions on. Some, like me, found mine to give me the extra support I needed. Yet there are just as many gals who find them constricting - and some who never felt the need for one at all. You can do a search here on the site to get the opinions of others by typing in "abdominal binder helpful?"

I strongly recommend rubber soled shoes and slippers for after surgery, granny panties, loose clothes, boy shorts...nothing that will bind.

Fingers crossed your bloating and pain will be alleviated as you recover. Be patient and follow doctor's orders

Bezt of luck for an uneventful surgery and good recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8: Bloated and nervous!!!

I'm in about the same spot. Wearing dresses and "foundation garments" for support. My date is 9/9 - and I've recently popped a large hernia along the way. I have an appointment with the general surgeon in the morning. He and my GYN will be tag teaming in the OR to get me patched up. At this point, I don't know if I will be having a vaginal or abdominal surgery - either way I'm looking forward to the resolution of the discomfort.
My period is now several days overdue, and the fibroids are quite large as is customary for this point in the cycle. I've grown accustomed to saying "It's great to be a girl!"
My only concerns about surgery at this point are the cold I seem to be coming down with, and the business trip I'm supposed to take this week. We'll see what the general surgeon has to say about both!
Thanks for all the encouragement everyone brings! It's so nice to know that so many have walked these paths before us! As my grandmother often said - it will all work out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register