Friday 13th day for castle - am I paranoid | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Friday 13th day for castle - am I paranoid Friday 13th day for castle - am I paranoid

Unread 01-24-2004, 08:50 AM
Friday 13th day for castle - am I paranoid

I have just got my date for the castle for TVH and A & P repairs. It is on Friday 13th, I am not normally majorly superstitious, but I have a really uneasy feeling about this.

Anyone else scheduled for this date and feel similar?

Also I have read a lot about painful gas on this website, I just wondered if you still got the gas pains with a TVH or is it just with an abdominal incision.

Amanda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2004, 09:21 AM

I know how you feel about the date.. Mine was on the 9th of June, but as I was being wheeled into surgery I heard the nurse say.."Here we go! Lucky Number 13!" Yup, my surgery was done in OR #13. lol

It turned out just fine and I healed up smoothly and felt much, much better than I ever thought I would.

I also had a TVH and my gas wasn't incredibly horrid but I did use Phazyme Ultra regularly. I do know that if you have a General anesth like I did, everything shuts down including the colon and intestine and it is kind of groggy and sluggish when it starts 'waking' back up. This is a big factor in why so many sisters have trouble with gas and passing their first bm.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery! It will be fine
Unread 01-24-2004, 10:18 AM

Hi Amanda,

Right now, there are 4 sisters scheduled for surgery on February 13th. You can find out who is having surgery the same day as you by clicking onto the calendar link at the top of the page, right under the banner. That will take you to the current month's calendar - then scroll to the bottom, and click onto February. Then go to February 13 and click onto the "surgeries" link to get the names of the members. If you click on a member's name, it will take you to their profile. Neat, isn't it?

I had a TVH and did have some gas pains, but I got the OK from my doctor to take Gas-X and that helped quite a bit. helps alot, too.

If you are really uncomfortable with your surgery date, have you asked your doctor if he could reschedule you for another day? There's no point in adding more stress, if it would be possible for you to be rescheduled.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2004, 10:35 AM

Well, I wouldn't worry about the date if I were you. I got married on a Friday the 13th- DH and I picked that date on purpose. And 27 years later, we are still very happy. I can honestly say that DH is my best friend, my biggest fan, and I couldn't have made it through my hyst without his wonderful support and care.

Good luck to you, and I hope Friday the 13th will be a lucky day for you too.
Maureen
Unread 01-24-2004, 10:55 AM

Hi aduggan,

Friday the 13th is a lucky day in my book...had my firstborn on that date. His daughter will be 2 on Feb 13 this year! So that day is pretty special in our family.

I had the same surgery you're having almost three weeks ago and I had no gas pains what so ever. I am doing great and would do this all over again in a heartbeat.

Blessing and s heading your way.
Unread 01-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Re: Friday 13th day for castle - am I paranoid

Quote:
Originally posted by aduggan
I have just got my date for the castle for TVH and A & P repairs. It is on Friday 13th, I am not normally majorly superstitious, but I have a really uneasy feeling about this.

Anyone else scheduled for this date and feel similar?

Also I have read a lot about painful gas on this website, I just wondered if you still got the gas pains with a TVH or is it just with an abdominal incision.

Amanda
Hi Amanda
I live in rochdale to and i go for my op on the 16th feb dont worry about the date i met my dh on fri 13 and then we lived in number 13 house and our ds was born on the 13th so loads of good things happen on the number 13 so try put that out of your mind. not sure about the gas though, but its doesn't last to long from what i have read on this site.
best of luck torib
Unread 01-24-2004, 09:22 PM

The 13th is a special day in my family alos. Had 2 kids with that birthdate. Me and my DH also started dating on that date. So the 13th is nothing to fear.

The gas pains are bearable but find out if you can use some gas relief medicine and some stool softeners until you start eating your regular diet it will make things go easier.

Good Luck to you.
Unread 01-25-2004, 03:42 AM

Torib

What a coincidence. Are you going in to Highfield or the infirmary. I am in Highfield. You never know we may even meet up. Who is your consultant?

Amanda
Unread 01-25-2004, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by aduggan
Torib

What a coincidence. Are you going in to Highfield or the infirmary. I am in Highfield. You never know we may even meet up. Who is your consultant?

Amanda
Hi Amanda,
I am going in the imfirmary not looking forward to it though not very good with hospitals, only been in for birth of my sons.I think that there is some rule on this site not to name any doctors so not sure if i can but he has been very good an explained everything to me (so i thought) till i came on this site got load more questions to ask when i go for my pre op check wrote a list for him to answer. Hope you feel better about your date for the op.
Unread 01-26-2004, 04:55 PM

I too am from Rochdale and go inthe infirmary 09/02 torib the week after toribs DS and my DD are in the same class at school so will probably have plenty to talk about when we come home,like i'm glad this does'nt happen too often its hard work lols

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register