Prayers please - insurance should give answer today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Prayers please - insurance should give answer today Prayers please - insurance should give answer today

Unread 05-24-2004, 07:05 AM
Prayers please - insurance should give answer today

Hi everyone,

Well today I should be able to find out if the insurance will approve my hyst. scheduled for this Thursday. I wrote a thread last Friday about my insurance disaster. I'm so nervous I don't even want to call them and find out. These past few days have been so hard since I don't know if I'm going to have this done in 3 days or not. I don't even want to pack my bag in case it's going to be canceled. It's hard enough (as we all know) waiting for this surgery let alone not knowing if it'll be done or not.

I guess I'm writing this thread to ask for prayers that the surgery will go on as scheduled.

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2004, 07:24 AM

My prayers have been with you since last friday it made me thank god for my ins. My castle date is the 27th too I PRAY that you are with all of the may 27th sisters. and we all are together on the other side.
Unread 05-24-2004, 08:04 AM

I can most definitely sympathize with you because I just won my insurance battle about two weeks ago. My insurance denied me the second time, but my doctor went to battle for me and told them that it was most definitely medically necessary because of the pain and irregular bleeding. I am now scheduled to enter the castle a week from tomorrow, and I am beginning to get a little nervous, but I do feel better since the insurance mess is worked out. I certainly know how you feel. Has your doctor talked to them for you? That is what really helped me out.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

iteach627
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2004, 08:14 AM

Good morning Wondervannie! s to you sweetie!!! Just waiting for this surgery is hard enough, but then to have to battle the insurance company, especially so close to your date is awful. I have also had you in my thoughts and prayers since you told us about your ins. trouble. I really pray for good news for you today!

Unread 05-24-2004, 08:49 AM

Well the first call to the insurance company got me nowhere. They claim that they didn't even know they were supposed to make a decision over the weekend. Unbelievable!! My ob/gyn opens at 11:30 this morning and I'm planning to head over there and talk to them. Insurance lady said that my doc has to call and plead my case. He's already done that but I guess will have to do it again. I figure if I go in person they'll be more likely to call on my behalf right away in order to get me out of the office. At this point I'm not holding my breath that this surgery is going to happen. We're running out of time.

Keep your fingers crossed ladies.
Unread 05-24-2004, 09:20 AM

Am praying for you. Its sad that a doctor has to waste so much time arguing with insurance companies, a letter of recommendation should be enough.

will be thinking of you, let us know
Unread 05-24-2004, 11:27 AM

One more update if you can stand it . . ..

The insurance company said no and denied the claim. So my DH is having his human resource person who handles their insurance call and see what she can do. It's our last hope.

I guess I'll have to go by what one nice hystersister wrote - she said that sometimes these things happen for a reason and maybe I'm not meant to have this surgery on Thursday. It's hard to understand the reasoning right now but I'm going to try hard to think positive thoughts.

Thanks for all your kind words and I'll be of course thinking about and wishing good luck to all my fellow May 27th ladies in waiting.
Unread 05-24-2004, 11:40 AM

This is terrible, do they give a reason or is it just random. Did you surgeon speak to them/

I hope your DH can make them see sense.
Unread 05-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Bummer!

How frustrating! Especially after you've already had pre-op!!! Maybe there is still some light at the end of the tunnel.

Let us know what happens, i.e. do you have to find a whole new surgeon and hospital??? If so, start asking around and get the best referall you can. Just don't open the phone book, girl!

My prayers with you!!

Nancym
Unread 05-24-2004, 06:42 PM

Well it's about 98% official that I will not be having my surgery this Thursday. It's so frustrating because they approved my other surgery in April but will not approve this one. Tomorrow morning instead of packing my castle bag I'll be searching for a new doc who will send me to a new ob/gyn and we'll start from scratch. I even explained and the doc explained to insurance that this is medically necessary now and that I've bleed since January with no break. Easy for insurance dweebs to say oh well. I bet if they lived one week of what I'm going through (and all of you out there) they'd be approving this surgery pretty darn quick.

Thanks for listening ladies. I might take a little break from the hystersisters site. It's too hard right now. I'll be still wishing you all well though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register