Breast Tenderness After Hysterectomy??? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Breast Tenderness After Hysterectomy??? Breast Tenderness After Hysterectomy???

Unread 10-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Breast Tenderness After Hysterectomy???

My husband says they look swollen and they really HURT! I wonder if the doctor should have a peek or if he will laugh at me tomorrow when I tell him my breasts hurt so bad most of the time (3 days on, 3 days off) I can't even put my arms down... I want to cry. I have to sleep now with a stuufed animal between my breast at night just to reduce the pain from resting my arms when I am on my sides. (Hey, at least I can lay on my sides...with proppage.) I don't have big breasts either! SmallC or even a large B. Now since surgery they are a full C if not a big C. My bras don't seem to fit and I can't tuck them as the pain of just brushing them is enought o make me crawl back to bed. I thought maybe because they are not veryfirm or young, but now that I read this post I think it must have to do with the surgery. I also rarely had this before and if so it was associated to my periods. Sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2007, 12:13 PM

Now this is weird reading this. Prior to surgery i had the major breast pain, severe swelling etc.... Now after surgery I don't have the pain. I kept both ovaries. I am wondering if I am lucky or my ovaries are not working properly??
Unread 10-15-2007, 01:12 PM

I have had cyclical breast pain (a cyst in each breast) which continued after my surgery so I know my ovaries are working. I would absolutely ask your doctor about it. I'm sure you won't get laughed at. After surgery I wore nothing but sports bras for weeks. The support was wonderful and I didn't have to worry about flopping around while changing position trying to get comfortable sleeping every night... Between the granny panties and the sports bra I looked HOT!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2007, 04:21 PM
breast tenderness.....

I am almost ten months post op and have had breest tenderness since 2 months after the hyst. The right side is more tender then the left and is sore up into the arm pit. SOme days are worse than others but its always there.

I kept both overies but I dont think they are working well as I have gained 22 pounds so far. I also get hot flashes night sweats and insomnia but it comes and goes and is not sever.
Unread 11-25-2007, 08:32 PM

I also have one ovary and was told I will still suffer from PMS symptoms on account of the hormones. The nice thing is that we just won't have our painful periods anymore. That's the best part, just feel bad for DH&DDs. DH says he still has his "Linda Blair" just painfree(for me)
Unread 11-29-2007, 11:23 AM

I am going through the same thing with my breast hurting alot. It
is so uncomfortable.

Creshaunda
Unread 11-29-2007, 06:53 PM

I had TVH & kept both & just had only a couple days of tenderness.
Just like before when it was 'that time' but instead of having it for a week (or more) before the event, it was only a couple days...
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:13 PM

I am in week six post-op TVH. I kept one ovary, my right. I am having breast tenderness and sometimes a dull ache in my left breast. It's not a constant ache or pain, but of course I am concerned. I figured I would give it a little bit longer and if it doesn't go away I will call my doctor.

aunt kiki
Unread 04-08-2008, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukifriskee
I also have one ovary and was told I will still suffer from PMS symptoms on account of the hormones. The nice thing is that we just won't have our painful periods anymore. That's the best part, just feel bad for DH&DDs. DH says he still has his "Linda Blair" just painfree(for me)
I kept both of my ovaries and also suffer PMS symptoms like the breasts tenderness and cravings of junk food.
Unread 04-08-2008, 08:48 AM

i had a complete hysterectomy and more than ever my breast really hurts, the surgery was 3/27/08 and i really dont know how to ask my dr. afraid what he may say due to it also has some fluid easing out,what should i do?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register