Life since second Lupron Injection | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Life since second Lupron Injection Life since second Lupron Injection

Unread 12-01-2003, 03:34 PM
Life since second Lupron Injection

Well,I found out tumor is shrinking,so I had my surgery set for January 23.I am still exercising everyday to revive my energy.My hot flashes are becoming more intense,but surprisely,my anxiety level is at zero.Go figure. My only concern is that I have been advised my health insurance is covering only two day hospital stay if there are no complications. Is this the norm? Any feedback appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2003, 03:53 PM

I never heard of a limit on a hospital stay. From what I read on these boards the "Regular" stay is 3-4 days. But the general rule applies, that I have found in most cases, whatever the surgery if you can't go to the bathroom, you can't go home.

I would talk to your doctor about this and find out what he deems as the usual time.

Gotta Love those insurance companies!!!

Take Care,
Stacy
Unread 12-01-2003, 04:39 PM
same surgery date

Hi my name is Hayley we share the same op date,Im due to have mine 23rd Jan,Im married with 4 children aged 32 and live in the uk,should be done abdominally but if Im lucky vaginally wont know till I wake up.Iv just had my second injection also,in England its called zantac,having nx one on dec 12th,symptoms so far are slight falling out of hair and joint and muscle pain,not as bad on 2nd injection as the 1st though.Had real bad heavy bleeding for 16 yrs so cant wait for this op also a big yucky fibroid,I want to ask my doc if I can have op while awake but I guess the answer will be no.If you want to email me my address is email <snipped> for safety and privacy. Do not post email addresses in posts or signature lines. Please use the email or pm buttons. I would love to keep in contact as we share the same date
Take care love Hayley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2003, 01:03 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take calcium while on those shots!! I was on them for 3 years and at age 32 I have no back bone or hip bones due to osteoporosis. I wish you well on those shots, if you have any questions that I can help you with let me know!
((HUGS))
Ari
Unread 12-02-2003, 05:18 PM

Do listen to Ari about the calcium!!

I took 6 months of the Lupron shots in 1994 and was told to just take a multi-vitamin, they did not know how afwul this drug was. I do have bone loss from this. Of course the Lurpon worked the first time.

When I took 5 months of Lupron pre-op it did not work, but I was aware of the danger and have been taking calcium and magnesium this time. Of course the Luprin did not work thus my LSH on 11-14, but in the long run I believe that this was really for the best as I feel so much better!!

Lupron can have such terrible side effects, but when it does work it is a truly great thing!!!

Annie
Unread 12-02-2003, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seeya
I never heard of a limit on a hospital stay. From what I read on these boards the "Regular" stay is 3-4 days. But the general rule applies, that I have found in most cases, whatever the surgery if you can't go to the bathroom, you can't go home.
I would talk to your doctor about this and find out what he deems as the usual time.
Gotta Love those insurance companies!!!
2 days (overnights) seems to be the average length of time that most insurance companies pre approve for a TAH. BUT they cannot force your DR to kick you out. If there is a medical reason why a patient has to stay longer the DR just calls the insurance company and it is taken care of.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register