pre-op anxieties | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre-op anxieties pre-op anxieties

Unread 04-01-2001, 01:50 AM
pre-op anxieties

Hi all, I have my good days and bad. Now knowing I have large fibroids and a big uterus, I feel like an alien is inside me.. I am scheduled for a surgeons checkup the 23rd of April and a Hysterectomy planned shortly after (date unknown). I am nervous like the rest of you. I never could have imagined these things would grow inside you.. I'd never heard about it before. But there they be. Now I'm seeing symptoms like pressure and some pelvic pain and pain during intercourse. Are these common? Sometimes I feel tired and weak when walking. Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback of comfort and knowledge of what is awaiting me. I hope they don't take my ovaries.. I don't want to lose the estrogen. But I just don't know what will happen. Any comments on that - about removing ovaries or keeping them. I live in Queensland Australia and am from New York USA. 46 yrs old. A kindy & baby gymnastics coach, aerobics instructor, digital photo artist (restorations) and have a typing and computer business.. and would you believe my work at home is slow now.. now I wish I was busy again so I'd stop thinking about the surgery coming!

Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2001, 05:17 AM
pre-op anxieties

Dear Aubrey, I can understand your concerns I have a tah scheduled for April 10. It to has been a long wait for me because I knew in December that this is what I needed to do. Because I work in retail I chose to wait till April to schedule so everyone could get some vacation time in. I also have fibriods and endo have had it for years I am looking foward to the day I no longer have pelvic pain I am planning to leave my ovaries in unless there is disease on them. I won't know till I wake up if I will have them. But I am willing to accept that if they are removed. This is a wonderful site and has been very helpful and answering all my questions and calming my fears Wishing you the best. Diane
Unread 04-01-2001, 07:14 AM
pre-op anxieties

Hello Audrey,

I had a TVH on 3/5/01 because of Large Fibroids and an enlarged Uterus. I did keep my ovaries!!! I too felt like an alien was inside of me. I was scared to have the surgery, but I will tell you the waiting is the worst part. I am now looking forward to getting my life back. No more pain, long and heavy periods and just feeling so darn tired all the time. I was very anemic and had no energy at all.
Keep reading and post any questiions you may have.
Good luck!!!

Tina
TVH 3/5/01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2001, 10:33 AM
Audrey

Audrey...
I recognize some of those symptoms...and I can sympathize. It is very strange to be woken during the night by a fibroid or the endo-monster, isn't it? I encourage you to keep doing research and to work with your doctor to find out what course of treatment or surgical options are right for YOU....even tho we share symptoms, we are all different. What works for one may not for another.
My experience is a wicked fibroid, chronic back, leg and hip pain from endo and other problems. I'm scheduled for TAH with/possible BSO in April, but my Dr. and I plan on keeping my ovaries if they are healthy.
You and your doctor will be able to make the choices that are right for you with regards to alternatives, surgery or post-op care and hormone replacement therapy (HRT) if needed. If you have a desire to keep your ovaries, do discuss it with your doctor! There may be options that your doctor could offer, depending on your situation.

My, you are a long way from where you began! Beautiful Australia, huh? We have several AussieSisters here, and I'm sure you'll cyber-meet one of them soon!

Feel free to join us in pre-op chat...the room is always open from 8-10 p.m. CST, but there's several of us who pop in during the other hours of the day (and night) just to see if there's a chat going on.

Hang in there! You deserve the best health that you and your physician can manage!

HysterHugs,
Margie93041

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register