Big O - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:51 PM
Re: Big O

Marchwind,

You very well may be right. Both of my ovaries were taken. But my doctor inserted bHRT pellets during surgery so I did not fall into surgical menapause. (he also recorded my hormone levels pre-surgery.

Not sure how I would be feeling without the pellets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchwind View Post
I think if you have your ovaries then the drive is still there but if you do not have your ovaries you may need hormone replacement or a natural alternative. I think this is what makes a difference from some more than others...MAYBE
My ovaries shut down almost all activity about four years ago when I went through menopause. Believe me, there's still "drive" after menopause. ;-)

I don't doubt, however, that sisters who are plunged suddenly into surgical menopause are more likely to notice a difference.
Unread 07-31-2013, 05:14 PM

There has been no overwhelming drive for me for a few years because I knew it would be painful, I basically take Hubby's cues as to when he wants or needs it. If the pain goes away with this surgery.I will be happy. I don't know if I'm shallow or he is larger than normal but he always hit my cervix, I'm hoping this won't be an issue with it gone, I worry about tearing when it does happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2013, 05:28 PM

Yes there is still drive after menopause. If you know an older lady, like your mom, i am sure they can confirm. I had two wet dreams since my hyst. It will be awhile before i am up to the real thing but i have high hopes.
Unread 07-31-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck lady View Post
There has been no overwhelming drive for me for a few years because I knew it would be painful, I basically take Hubby's cues as to when he wants or needs it. If the pain goes away with this surgery.I will be happy. I don't know if I'm shallow or he is larger than normal but he always hit my cervix, I'm hoping this won't be an issue with it gone, I worry about tearing when it does happen.
I had the same problem - hitting the cervix. Not cool at all. I look forwa rd to not having this issue any longer!!!!
Unread 07-31-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danandevo View Post
I had the same problem - hitting the cervix. Not cool at all. I look forwa rd to not having this issue any longer!!!!

Me too! Imagine finding sisterhood in this way too
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:32 PM

I don't know if this is TMI for some of you, but I'll put it out there anyway. I had several O's in my sleep. One within a week post-op! I ached and was actually scared about sex and having my O afterward. I've had them in my sleep about 1-3 times a week since then. Finally, after four weeks, I just went and gave myself a waking one, because I was curious about it and so was hubby. It was better than the sleep ones, but not as good as before surgery. I figure this is baseline and I'm planning on LOTS of practice and so is hubby.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register