One week post-op and dying to use the Swiffer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week post-op and dying to use the Swiffer One week post-op and dying to use the Swiffer

Unread 04-20-2004, 09:36 AM
One week post-op and dying to use the Swiffer

Somebody talk me out of it. I know I am not supposed to be doing any cleaning but the dust, dog and cat hair, etc. seems to be piling up. DH is doing great in other areas, but does not seem to notice the dust, etc. or else he is just ignoring it. Any advice.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2004, 09:44 AM

DON'T DO IT!! The pillow have been notified.

Let the fur pile up...maybe once you've recovered, you can use it to weave blankets, but until then....either let DH handle it or just put your blinders on!!

Put your feet up, have a nice cool drink and watch a movie or take a nap...but do NOT touch the Swiffer. You'll have that duty back oh-too-soon anyway

s
Cat
Unread 04-20-2004, 10:34 AM

Stop right there! Hands off that Swiffer!
Either mention the "little" dust problem to your wonderful hubby or call a friend and see if they can come over and save you from the killer dust bunnies before they mount a united attack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2004, 10:44 AM

I say get your hands off that swiffer ma'm and I say repeat get your hands off that swiffer. You have the right to relax,nap,read,drink,watch tv,music,and to pampering. Let your hubby know about the dust and if he refuses call a freind. There are some post op articles on the sign on page here that could be of great value. I know it is a tempation but your health and healing are of the primary goal and right now you can do damage to your insides or tear open stitches or get a hernia or a whole host of complications that might show up later. You will be doing those things very soon. I am just past six weeks and I am amazed at how fast the time has gone. I am now enjoying doing some of those things now as I waited. I mopped with a swiffer the first time yesterday. Vacumed at five and half weeks post op...ouch that hurt in the middle of night. I had a light weight canister but I admit I over did it on the vacuming...the dust bunnies had royally revolved in my apt and I was on a mission and my commen sense went out the window. Right now strictly follow those post op instructions...I know it is hard to let everything go...geeze my carpet was disgusting and I could do the connect the dots to the stuff on the floor but I had to let it go and pretend it was not there.
anyways we care and I say contact us again when you get another crazy idea to clean. we will send you back to earth and reality.
we love you anc care
you only get one chance to heal right the first time!
a to you!
teresa
Unread 04-20-2004, 12:16 PM

I am very thankful - I called Regal Maids - I didn't care how much it cost - it was worth it. Like I said "I am thankful".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register