Anyone else with Large Fibroid being removed with Hyst? Weird fear. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else with Large Fibroid being removed with Hyst? Weird fear. Anyone else with Large Fibroid being removed with Hyst? Weird fear.

Unread 01-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Anyone else with Large Fibroid being removed with Hyst? Weird fear.

I have this really weird fear? going on - and I have been carrying this 5 month pregnancy fibroid around for ohhh..probably 10 years. What in the world is it going to feel like with it out. I am curious about this change to my body (although I will probably love it). I think this is why I had a dream of an absolute pancake collapse of my internal organs from the chest down! I am not a big girl..the only thing big on me is my belly and that is going away! Fibroid Eviction date is 1/22/2014.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Re: Anyone else with Large Fibroid being removed with Hyst? Weird fear.

I don't know that it's so much a fear for me but I do think a lot about what it will be like after. I had a large fibroid removed but then I got pregnant. While pregnant this one got large. It is now HUGE as my Dr would say. People keep saying I bet you can't wait to get back to normal but its been so long I have no idea what normal is.
Unread 01-15-2014, 12:10 PM

I'm so excited for YOU! Why? Because I had surgery on December 24th 2013 and they removed a massive 15cm fibroid and 8cm cyst off one of my ovaries!! When I woke up in recovery I was immediately aware of the absence of 24/7 low back pain!!!! I knew immediately!!! I'd say my waist if five inches smaller now (three weeks after surgery) but there isn't anything major as far as feeling "hollow" ;-) or empty. :-) I think there is a lot of healing for me still with fluids and everything so it will be in months to come that I see the biggest difference. But right now I'm sooooooooo happy that Big fibroid is out!!! It was causing so many problems to my bladder (getting up every hour during the night) and I was having trouble walking at times!!! It's all gone!! I feel 10 years younger...maybe 20. ;-) Be blessed. Be at peace. God has good plans for you. He doesn't want you suffering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2014, 12:25 PM

Sisters..you ROCK! Thank you for responding! HOLLOW..that is a GREAT way to describe the "fear"!! Thank you HopeNJesus..that positive comment so helped and I LOVE the Snoopy happy dance! HEHEHEHE! I am a Zumba Fitness instructor and shakin' it with that THING in my belly is not comfy and tired of people asking when I am expecting!! SHEEZ! I am expecting 1/22/2014!!! LOL! Lodejean..looks like we are gonna be a-OK!
Unread 01-15-2014, 12:30 PM

Hi sisters,
firstly good luck for your operation and hopefully all will go well. Had a huge fibroid as well - 18cm like a 4 month pregnancy and tummy was big and bladder was crazy. Since TAH bladder has relaxed but tummy is still big, but this is only temporary due to post op swelling. Doctor confirmed this - so I am hoping that belly would become smaller again soon!!
Sending you big hugs - take care xx
Unread 01-15-2014, 12:31 PM

That was my situation as well, although not for 10 years. I'm also pretty thin and had a massive fibroid the size of a 21-week pregnancy. My stomach curved out a bit, but all in all not that much. I have not changed clothing sizes as far as I can tell. The thing was REALLY jammed in. Your pancake comment parallels one made by one of my surgeons, who told me that my "sigmoid colon looks like a pancake" before the thing was removed.

I feel lighter in the middle now with it gone. Pooping is much easier and more matter of fact, although the fibroid was there for so long and grew so slowly that I hadn't even realized that things had been strange. It's easier to pee without having to pee past a giant fibroid, too. Again, it seems I had forgotten what it felt like to pee and poop normally. :-)

And I do see a difference as well, and am smaller in the middle than I was, but not by a whole lot.

My surgery was a TAH since the thing was so big. Abdominal surgery is a hassle, but you do recover, and it does eventually end up in the past, so don't worry if that's how you have to have it done. :-)
Unread 01-15-2014, 01:03 PM

I had a large fibroid that was growing on top of my uterus on a stalk. It came on so gradually or maybe grew gradually or something, anyway my doctor said he didn't see how I was walking. After surgery, I could tell it was gone (my uterus was attached above my belly button and that made the fibroid close to my ribs). I am now about four months post op. I know it's gone as I can bend over now and things don't feel as cramped? in there maybe. I also had to have abdominal with a vertical incision due to where it was and how big it was. The recovery wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. Good luck and hope you feel much better once it's out.
Unread 01-15-2014, 01:14 PM

The sucker in me is about 18cm - yowza! I am wondering if I should get something tighter and binding or lose for the aftermath! I keep seeing things about girdles and the just does not sound good! LOL! My doc is doing this as an LSH - she is one of the best of the best for this. I am ready to be on the other end of this! I am lucky to live where I do because I would travel far for this particular doc!
Unread 01-15-2014, 01:34 PM

So I had a lavh and my uterus was the size of a 10 wk pregnancy. I had fibroids that had attached and formed a "mickey mouse head" so I delivered mickey. I was very happy to have it out. When I layed on my side I could "feel" the insides movea little as they adjusted to the extra space and I was filled with gas. It has gotten more normal. They did give me an abdominal binder in the hospital which feels like a gentle hug on your belly. Otherwise loose yoga pants or my friends maternity pants felt like heaven for a few weeks. Good luck ladies. Remember every day is better.
Unread 01-15-2014, 01:43 PM

I highly recommend getting the abdominal binders! I bought the 2pack off this website and have rotated them 24/7 pretty much since my first day of surgery (december 24th) until now (January 15th. I am glad I got the 2 pack because sometimes I was sweating and put one in the wash and used the other one. They just make the incision feel protected and give you more support especially if you want to sleep on your side. I loved the underwear I bought on here as well for post op. You really don't want anything tight.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register