Vacation Down The Tube Update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vacation Down The Tube Update Vacation Down The Tube Update

Unread 06-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Vacation Down The Tube Update

Hey Ya'll,

I thank all of you for your suggestions and support regarding my vacation/hysterectomy delima. Yesterday I saw my surgeon who gave me some of the best news. Since my CA125 (not sure if that's the correct name) came back negative for cancer he feels that a laproscopic hysterectomy will work for me. Once they get in there and remove the ovary with the mass and look around, if there's something they haven't bargained for, then we'll have to take the more extreme route.

I just can't stand knowing there's something there that shouldn't be in my body, and not knowing that it could be much more serious. I know if I went on vacation before the surgery, I'd be nervous and worried about what's to come. He told me if it just the laproscopic, then I should be fine going to Italy 2 weeks post op. He did warn me that I'll feel more tired but I should feel a little stronger every day. I feel so relieved, even though I know I'm not quite out of the woods.

Thursday's the day, and when I get back home and am able, I'll let ya'll know the results. Keep your fingers crossed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2006, 01:02 PM

Good luck to you. Praying for a smooth, easy surgery and recovery.

I had my TVH on Monday and the Dr. says my Europe trip in August (less that six weeks form now) won't be a problem.
Unread 06-23-2006, 01:33 PM

I will be going to Brazil the first week of July. I had the abdominal cut, but my doc seems to think it will be just fine. Actually, I believe that I will get much more rest thousands of miles away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. My work is across the street - literally - (high school principal) and I can't seem to get away from it.
I hope that you have the best of circumstances and get to plan your trip. BEST of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2006, 04:59 PM

My go with you! Good news from the doc, and I hope everything goes well for you.
Unread 06-23-2006, 05:28 PM

Good to hear from others of their vacation plans...we can't stop our lives ladies! My date at the palace is July 3, having abdominal incision, leaving 1 ovary (so what is the abbreviation for all this by the way-??) -had c-section delivery previous and endo so can't have vaginal-anyway...my cruise is scheduled for July 30th!! My doc is skeptical but i was great 2 weeks after my c-section-and that was with a crying baby to feed and no sleep! Can't re-schedule surgery or the cruise so I'm just going with the flow! I can of course do as little on the cruise as I want-so I'm not worried...gives me something to look forward to!
Unread 06-23-2006, 08:02 PM
We can do it

Good news that you'll be able to do a Laproscopic instead. That should help your recovery time. I'm having a TVH next Tuesday and told my Dr that I had a business trip in 7 weeks and he didn't seem at all concerned and said I would be fine to go. So. . .two weeks seems a little quick, but if you just take care of yourself and don't push too hard, what an experience you will have!!
Take care and have fun for all of us.
Unread 06-23-2006, 09:05 PM

I am happy for you!!!!!! Didn't I day yesterday that these things have a way of working out and God would make a way????? Harraaayyyy!!!!! i am having my hyst . Laproscopically as well. See, all that anxiety and things are working out... You will have a blast in Italy i am sure.. I wish I was going!!!!!!! Havefun!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register