Just got asked why I'm so edgy... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just got asked why I'm so edgy... Just got asked why I'm so edgy...

Unread 06-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Just got asked why I'm so edgy...

I know I'm edgy but, a little compasion would be greatly appreciated!!! My DH ( which at this point stands for DUMB-H!) just questioned my "mood"...Hello?...Gee, I wonder why I'm edgy!!! Surgery is less than a week away, and I find myself continually cleaning, preparing, scheduling etc. for the weeks to come - and he doesn't GET it! Boy, is he in for a rude awakening! He and my 2 boys are going to be in for a shock when I'm not scurying around taking care of everyone elses needs! I plan on resting and taking care of ME for once, and I can just imagine what is going to take place in my absence. I pray I make it through all of this! At this point, it seems as though the surgery is going to be the easy part, and the stay in the hospital won't be long enough!!! lol Thanks for letting me vent, ladies! I luv you guys! This site is great!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2006, 07:41 PM

Vent away! There are some options on this site to share with DH that may help him understand better what you are and will be experiencing.
Unread 06-22-2006, 07:53 PM

Boy, I do understand! I got asked today if I was PMSing by my 19 year old DD. I told her "You bet I am! Hopefully it will be for the last time!"

We will get through this with flying colors!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Four words

I'll tell you what I wrote to Liz1992 on another thread with similiar thoughts--They'll Figure It Out. It is amazing when supermom :superman: takes off, somehow the family finds a way to feed and clothe themselves. Some of that pressure is self inflicted and what a great way to excuse ourselves from caring. . .a bed at the castle and good meds!

Since we are sisters of the same day, I'll tell you that I understand what you are feeling tonight and for the rest of the weekend. We'll walk in there on Tuesday and have the BEST experience possible and not apologize for taking care of ourselves.

I know that having children still at home has to be a worry and a stressor. Mine are grown (did not say mature, mind you) and out of the house. So it is DH and the puppy who will be taking care of me.

I've watched all the posts you've written over the past few weeks that I've been on and you've been such a positive and encouraging person for ladies facing fears.
So you deserve a pat on the back , a hang in there and we'll talk about it when we get home.
Unread 06-22-2006, 08:11 PM

Aaaawwww!!! Thank you so much! I''ve notice your posts too! Guess it's because we are on the same day! I appreciate your thread, e-mail me sometime if you'de like! And good luck on Tuesday! I'll be thinking of you as I go nite-nite!!! lol
Unread 06-22-2006, 08:37 PM
How far upstate are you?

I will be in Rochester in November. We can email each other then and giggle over how great we feel!
Unread 06-23-2006, 04:22 PM

Oh you ladies are so nice to each other how awesoem!
They will figure it out cause they will not ahve a choice!!
Unread 06-23-2006, 08:38 PM

Here's another for your collection. I've been reading aloud choice bits from various posts, Dastardly Husbands and Overexerting Princesses, and made my two sweeties understand how out of action I'll be. I'll keep doing this, just to refresh their memories
Unread 06-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Isn't it fun?

Genkitty--thanks for the Hugs and good luck on Monday! You'll get to start the fun a day before we do.
While I'm really not looking forward to having to sit still for a while--not something I do very well--it will be just a little fun to not be THE PERSON IN CHARGE for a while.
My younger DD decided that Monday would be a good day to move into her new apt. I told her that I could come help her until I had to start taking Ducolax at 2:00 and then she could just figure out how to unpack those boxes. Unless, of course, she wanted me to unpack her bathroom.
Good luck and enjoy the pampering.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register