New w/hyst next week | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New w/hyst next week New w/hyst next week

Unread 09-11-2006, 07:09 PM
New w/hyst next week

Hi all! I found this site last Friday, and boy have I learned a lot.

I have my pre-op appt with my doc in Wednesday and feel good that I do have some questions to ask, most based on things that I read here.

I am a middle school librarian and am stressed about leaving after only 3 weeks of school, but I keep reminding myself that my library will survive for a couple of months without me. And I'll be that much more appreciated when I return.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and thank all of you for all of the things I've learned in my short time here.

Nik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2006, 08:18 PM
New w/hyst next week

Welcome!

I found this site right before my surgery and here I am months after still posting. I love it!

Good luck next week! We'll see you on the post op side!
Unread 09-11-2006, 08:52 PM
New w/hyst next week

Thanks Stella, I'm feeling pretty anxious and it's nice to read so many positive posts. I know a few who have had hysterectomies, but it's jst not the same.

Ironically, my pain seems to have kicked up lately, maybe it's a good bye song.

I am counting down the days to the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2006, 09:17 PM
New w/hyst next week

Hi Nik, and

We're happy you joined the Hystersisters community! As you will surely discover, there is a ton of solid information on the site, and the members have unlimited cyber-hugs to dispense to you at every stage of your journey to good health!

Enjoy exploring the site and making friends! I'm sending positive thoughts your way for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery1
Unread 09-11-2006, 11:26 PM
New w/hyst next week

I understand exactly how you feel. I am a teacher and I felt awful about leaving my class- but of course they were OK, more than OK with the supply teacher! We all think we are irriplaceable but actually things go along OK while we are away.
Good luck
Unread 09-12-2006, 12:13 AM
New w/hyst next week

Thanks for the well wishes.

Everytime I visit the site I find something else to discuss with my doctor. I have a lot of trust in her, after many years with doctors ignoring my symptoms and patronizing me, she took me seriously and still does.

I've had a lap to laser off endo as well as an ablation. I've been fortunate in that I haven't had a period in a year and a half, but the endo is still growing and now we've found that my uterus is 16x11x8 cm. I have a lot of pressure and pain and so much liquidy discharge I feel like I need Depends.

I'll be having an abdominal hyst. I will ask on Wed. to have my cervix removed along with my uterus. My doc has said she wants to see the condition of my ovaries before deciding whether to leave them or not. I am conflicted about that. I am 36 and have been weighing the pros and cons. I'll discuss them with her on Wed.

Thank you all for being here! I am glad to be counting down the days!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register