1 week post hysterectomy: problem with bladder? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post hysterectomy: problem with bladder? 1 week post hysterectomy: problem with bladder?

Unread 08-18-2014, 01:00 AM
1 week post hysterectomy: problem with bladder?

hi ladies. this is pretty embrassing but im not sure if it was a one off or theres a problem with my bladder. basically i woke up to a wet bed.. i usually get up between 1-4 times to go pee in middle of night but iv never ever wet the the bed before? it was so embrassing because i had to wake my husband to tell him to get up whilst i changed the bedding. im only 30 so i hope surgery hasnt made my already weak bladder worse? anyone else had problems? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2014, 01:12 AM
Re: pronlem with bladder?

Aww, I'm so sorry. It's nothing to be ashamed of, especially around here since bladder woes are not uncommon. Have you been cramping in your bladder at all? Feeling burning when you go or feel like you are not emptying all the way?
Unread 08-18-2014, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastingOne View Post
Aww, I'm so sorry. It's nothing to be ashamed of, especially around here since bladder woes are not uncommon. Have you been cramping in your bladder at all? Feeling burning when you go or feel like you are not emptying all the way?
nothing no symptoms of a UTI (i get them at least once a month) it was upsetting cos iv never done that before. my gyne said a hysterectomy might help my bladder but now im starting to worry has it made it worse. oh dear. thanks for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2014, 01:29 AM

The bladder can be in "shock" and/or swollen from surgery. I remember you had a very bad start with pain. When in doubt, call your gyn.

My bladder would cramp if it got full during the night - would shoot me awake. I knew if I didn't get out of bed, I would wet myself. I was up several times during the night. Again, don't be ashamed - a lot of women have gone through it.
Unread 08-18-2014, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastingOne View Post
The bladder can be in "shock" and/or swollen from surgery. I remember you had a very bad start with pain. When in doubt, call your gyn.

My bladder would cramp if it got full during the night - would shoot me awake. I knew if I didn't get out of bed, I would wet myself. I was up several times during the night. Again, don't be ashamed - a lot of women have gone through it.
yeah i had alot of pain the first few days, i really struggled.. im hoping ur right and my bladder maybe swollen. i just thought i was having stabbing pains yesterday in lower ab but i thought it was my my stitches. il go get it checked just incase its a uti. thanks
Unread 08-18-2014, 03:49 AM

My bladder was messed up after surgery but it only lasted maybes month or two my issues stemmed from having the catheter in while under for surgery. At home my bladder wouldn't empty all the way and I'd think I'm finish and stand up and pee down my leg and toilet seat but it did correct itself. I hope what you experienced is something that can self correct on it's on. I would call my doctors office to confirm I knew I called my doctors office about everything and still do at ten weeks post op.
Unread 08-18-2014, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trina77 View Post
My bladder was messed up after surgery but it only lasted maybes month or two my issues stemmed from having the catheter in while under for surgery. At home my bladder wouldn't empty all the way and I'd think I'm finish and stand up and pee down my leg and toilet seat but it did correct itself. I hope what you experienced is something that can self correct on it's on. I would call my doctors office to confirm I knew I called my doctors office about everything and still do at ten weeks post op.
hi i called my GP, he said to leave a water sample to see if its a uti. hopefully its not and its just a temp thing. like i said iv never ever wee'd the bed before so it was slighty embrassing. i guess alot is going on inside what we obvs cant see so as the outside bruises/cuts heal i have to remember inside has to heal also. thanks for the reply its nice to hear im not alone.
Unread 08-18-2014, 08:29 AM
Re: 1 week post hysterectomy: problem with bladder?

I've had the opposite. I still don't really know when I have to go besides the added pain. It takes me 10 plus minutes it hurts and I have to try to push to even wee. I've got no infections. The doctor said it's normal and will settle over time. He said every time I move or bend or strain it inflames in there due to it healing still. So I'm not supposed to do anything because he said it would prolong healing time
Unread 08-19-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Clapton View Post
I've had the opposite. I still don't really know when I have to go besides the added pain. It takes me 10 plus minutes it hurts and I have to try to push to even wee. I've got no infections. The doctor said it's normal and will settle over time. He said every time I move or bend or strain it inflames in there due to it healing still. So I'm not supposed to do anything because he said it would prolong healing time
hi i know its so fustrating when ur trying to recover from having ur womb out (and the rest) and ur bladders playing funny buggers!! iv been to walk in clinic today cos iv been in agony -peeing constantly , cramp in bladder, pain in groin and leg going numb. i cudve sworn i had a water infection... NOPE!! no infection. but i have to see my GP cos she thinks it could be a blood clot. great iv felt physically great today too?? so i have no idea.... iv done washing , done dishes n floors and ironing. i know il regret it but im sick of looking at mess. feeling abit stressed today as u can tell lol x
Unread 08-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Re: 1 week post hysterectomy: problem with bladder?

I hope you don't mean you've been mopping or sweeping! That and vacuuming is generally off-limits for weeks due to the movement. Not trying to harp, but would hate for you to have serious complications.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register