Scheduled TLH ENDOMETRIAL BIOPSY. Did you? Please share? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ENDOMETRIAL BIOPSY. Did you? Please share? ENDOMETRIAL BIOPSY. Did you? Please share?

Unread 07-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Re: ENDOMETRIAL BIOPSY. Did you? Please share?

I had 2 EB done I took 2 aleve before this last procedure. I have a titled uterus and it's always difficult for the doctor to seem to find my cervix so the clamp seems to pinch on me so each time it was very painful for me but breath and try to relax. Having someone for support is also very helpful. Best of Luck...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoogal View Post
Well now I feel like a wimp! I had one, wasn't expecting it so no medication was taken or other prep done. Apparently my cervix did not want to cooperate. (The NP said since I've never had kids, that wasn't making it any easier.) She had to try three times, then take two cuttings. Not gonna lie, it hurt like bad cramps (and for me that's saying a lot). I just laid back, took deep breaths, tried to relax and let the tears flow from my eyes. I had some cramping for a couple hours, and spotting for a couple days.

I'm glad to hear that my experience was not the norm! Also that I'll never have to do it again!!

Bottom line, yeah, it hurt but I'm very glad I had it done. Hearing "negative for cancer" was totally worth it. GOOD LUCK!
I was in the same boat as you, the bad part was that my cervix wouldn't open and she had to manually force it. The cutting did not hurt me at all, it was just the forcing open of the cervix. Thank goodness it was over quickly!
Unread 07-01-2015, 05:17 PM
ENDOMETRIAL BIOPSY. Did you? Please share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ992 View Post
Hi Jodie, nice to meet you
...She told me that it would like having a painful menstrual cramp. Given the fact that my periods had always been extremely painful all of my life...I thought to myself, this isn't going to any big deal. Just being honest, wowsa.....
Yes! Exactly! The NP said, "Compared to what you've been dealing with, this may not feel bad at all!" Nope!
Unread 07-01-2015, 05:28 PM

Hello. I had an EB which led to my diagnosis, Complex Atypical Endometrial Hyperplasia (CAH). It didn't take long, but the initial "poke" caused an immediate cramp and was painful but only for a few seconds. I meet with my doctor on Tuesday to sit and ask questions, etc and to schedule a date for my hysterectomy.
Unread 07-02-2015, 07:47 AM

I had one done on the 23rd without warning, so no Advil/Ibuprofen in advance. It was just slightly uncomfortable during the procedure. No cramping during or after. Very light spotting for a day. And then of course in my case that was followed by the witch. Can't wait to get this puppy out so I don't bleed every time the wind blows...
Unread 07-02-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieMJensen View Post
Did most of you have an EB before the hysterectomy? My TLH is scheduled for July 27, but I've had continuous bleeding/spotting/tissue passage which has been concerning to the Dr, so he is now firmly insisting on the EB. I am afraid of the procedure itself and continued cramping/pain afterward. I would love to hear your advice, or consolation! TIA!

I had one last year and it was the worst pain I ever felt. It turns out I had adenomyosis and this is likely why I hurt so much. It was done during an emergency visit for massive vaginal bleeding. I almost passed out, but the good news it is a quick procedure and then not much pain after. Depends on your diagnosis (or probable diagnosis) really if it will hurt a lot or just be a cramp. My sis in law has had 4 and she told me that hers feel like a heavy cramp and then she is fine. It is worth any pain you might feel to have peace of mind!
Unread 07-02-2015, 11:10 PM
ENDOMETRIAL BIOPSY. Did you? Please share?

I had one and I remember it being very painful.
Unread 07-03-2015, 05:13 PM

My insurance insisted on a biopsy a week before my surgery before they would approve the payment of my surgery. Of course, this served no diagnostic purpose for my doctor and just added a week of spotting and pain before my actual surgery. The day of my surgery, the discomfort eased.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register