I'm 4 weeks davinci left ovaries still feeling swollen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm 4 weeks  davinci  left ovaries still feeling swollen I'm 4 weeks davinci left ovaries still feeling swollen

Unread 06-02-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm 4 weeks davinci left ovaries still feeling swollen

I'm on my 4 th week I tried going to the store but after ten min I was out of breath. I have been doing stuff at home washing not lifting washing dishes etc but I still feel sharp pains once in a while Is that normal? I also feel s little pain and burning kind if where my bladder is. I also have been checking my blood pressure and its 100/70 my sugar has been 79 first thing in am. I went to dr to check me and he kind of pushed, poked, and checked my incisions and he said I was fine he even did a urine test because during the memorial weekend I ended in the hospital because I was feeling dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out. In the Er they told me I had a uti but at dr he told me to stop taking antibiotics cause I didn't have a uti . I take Elmiron 100 mg because of my cystitis I'm wondering if all of that medicine combine together with Motrin 600 mg once a day is making me sick. I'm trying to think positive but my six weeks r coming up and I should be better. Please anyone know if women out there had problems like mine oh and yo top it off can't seem to go to sleep and dr told me to take Benadryl?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Re: I'm 4 weeks davinci left ovaries still feeling swollen

Oh yeah, that's normal. Happened to me the day of my 4 week check up. I went food shopping and was all proud of myself, my belly then decided 'enough is enough, stop this torture, I want to go home RIGHT NOW!' - and it, once again, did its trademark 'temper tantrum/fit tossing/pouting rebellion' and promptly blew up like a puffer fish.

If my belly had arms, they would have been folded into said pouting stance as well.

The bladder pulling and burning, same here, still have some now and then - not the burning though and the pulling is going away a lot. Lately my pee has been smelling like cheerios which I find amusing beyond description (cheerios is a USA cereal; unsure if you're familiar or not).

Now I don't know about the med mixing as I'm not even remotely knowledgable about that, so I can't help you there, but yeah, when you feel pains, just back off a little as your body is about to toss a temper tantrum. It's easy to do too much in week 3 and 4 and sometimes 5 because we're bored, or we feel a lot better and it's easy to forget we are still healing from major surgery <3
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:35 PM

Thanks Illinois 1973 I think that's also part of my problem is that I stay by myself for 10-12 hours cause my husband works. He cleans the house and he's been so good he doesn't expect me to do anything but I want to but as soon as I start feeling tired I get scared because I'm by myself. I'm just wondering how much is it in my head and how much is it real.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2013, 11:17 PM

I had the same questions too, hehe. 'what is overdoing it vs in my head'. I actually have a topic on here almost titled just like that, hehe. Anyway, your body DOES let you know. Either you get extremely exhausted or your belly tosses a mean puffer fish temper tantrum and will swell something fierce.

Just listen to your body. I actually learned how to kind of tell before I was at the 'oh no, too much' point and would relax back down with my laptop. I really babied myself until 6.5 weeks were over. I mean I took the 'you only get one chance to heal so pamper that princess' to the ultimate level of obedience. I did walk up and down my stairs once or twice a day to get that exercise in, and after a while I started to do wee things like dishes, even if I could only do a few. So it's really a "one day at a time, one step at a time, /take/ your time" kind of thing.

If it's possible for you, 'slow and steady' WILL win this race. Let some things go. My son took care of the house best he could. It was still cringeworthy, clean wise but 'you only get one chance to heal right'. I wasn't about to mess anything up and give myself potential adhesions or other issues just because the floor wasn't mopped or what have you. <3 One day one slow step at a time.
Unread 06-03-2013, 01:52 AM

Hi 711, Illinois1973 is spot on with all her advice. The listening to your body thing is so important, especially if you learn to hear it when it whispers as opposed to when it shouts. At the shouting stage, my legs would just plain refuse to propel me any further forward and the puffer fish put in an appearance. I note you say that your 6 weeks are coming up and "you should be better" - please don't be tempted to try and work to some idealised recovery schedule. We are all so different when it comes to healing. I'm taking an absolute age and only just starting to feel like my old self. Yes, i get tweaks in my tummy, around my undercarriage and my bladder will also let me know its there but these are just minor and probably my bodies way of saying, hang-fire, no salsa dancing just yet. Take care of yourself and rest up!
Unread 06-03-2013, 01:02 PM

They do say at around 8 weeks we are 40% healed. Takes about a year to be 100% healed.
I'm holding to that fact.

That and I've seen too many sisters on here needing to take 12 weeks off work before they started to feel better. So no, that '6 weeks and should be better' is nothing set in stone. We're better when we're better. You can't put a time frame on that. Not given the fact we're all human and are all uniquely different. I mean, so "Mary" gets to return to work in 2 weeks after a total abdominal hyster with 5 hours of indepth surgery work done. "Mabel" who had the same thing would be in her bed for 4 months to rehab. "Cindy" has a 1.5 hour long Davinci and is unable to even walk a block after 8 weeks but "Paula" who also had the same Davinci is already back to her cycling class for 2 hours a day after 3 weeks.

We heal when we heal. <3 And we only get one shot. There is zero pressure for any of us to heal at 6 weeks. My doc had me off work til 8.5 weeks but i felt good enough to return last week.
Unread 06-03-2013, 10:05 PM

Thanks ladies its good to hear I'm not alone. I'm 39 and a teacher for a year round school so I get an extra 6 weeks off for summer.Its true I hear all this stories of how people just bounce back and how they go back to work on the 3 week. I'm going to take your advice and just take it easy. My 6 week follow up will be June 14, I guess I can tell my dr then I'm having trouble sleeping even though I don't take naps or drink cokes only cofee in the morning.
Unread 06-08-2013, 10:16 PM

Hi 711. I have the same problems you were having and also have interstitial cystitis. I'm taking Elmiron as well as getting the weekly catheter treatments. The pain meds they gave me were also making me sick and kept me from sleeping. I stopped taking them and tried regular 200 mg advil. I called dr office though after still being in pain and other meds keeping me up and making me sick. They gave me tramadol i take it twice a day and it makes me sleepy. I still have the burning where my bladder is and it seems like the only thing that helps is trying to stay on the IC diet. I got a UTI last week after getting my first treatment and was put on CIPRO for ten days. My bladder has really started bugging me but its no where near as bad as the UTI. The pain in my bladder is the same as it was before the surgery. So frustrating because I'd hoped surgery would be the magical cure. I'm on my second month of Elmiron and I was able to be pain free for a little longer after this last treatment. It all just seems kind of counter active because I need the treatments to help my bladder but end up with a UTI because of the catheter and end up on antibiotics which causes a relapse. Sorry for rambling there I just wanted to let u know your symptoms and problems are exactly like mine. You are not alone and it's wierd because when I read it, it was like reading my mind. I don't know how long you've been on treatment for your cystitis but hopefully you're like me and just starting out and hopefully we will both get relief soon!

P.S. I found the IC Network website was very helpful with a list of foods that are listed in categories as bladder friendly, foods worth trying, and foods to avoid. Good luck!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register