Insurance calling for more info--Update: Insurance oked my surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Insurance calling for more info--Update:  Insurance oked my surgery Insurance calling for more info--Update: Insurance oked my surgery

Unread 05-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Insurance calling for more info--Update: Insurance oked my surgery

Well I went to get my blood work today and was told by the doc that the ins company shouldnt give a problem and to go get my blood work..
Now i just got a call from the doc that the ins company wants a letter of intent or something along those lines..sheesh and now they are rushing to get this letter in.. She is calling my oncologist to see if he will also put his two cents in this. She read me the letter they are sending today and I reminded them to add that I have had hormone positive breast cancer twice not once and have had radiation for the second time.
Geeez now they have a huge amt of info on me at the ins company but do you think they would look.. they want to know also why i need a open surgery.. sheesh.. Ok I have been put to sleep so much and three of those surgeries were 5 plus hours at a time and she doesnt want to put me to sleep for any longer then she has to plus being upside down with my bp.. And the shape of my uterus makes it impossible for me to have just a vaginal and I have had two other abdominal surgeries and have so much scar tissue that she can not do a lap around my belly button because of that.. Also I have large cysts and her and I have talked about this a few times she even called jefferson in philly where i had my last surgery to ask about the amt of scar tissue I have..sheeshh.. So her and I are on the same page that an open would be in my best interest in more then one way.. yes there are possible problems but any surgery has that.. I know an open heals slower ect.. But I dont want to have to go back or have her start closed and end up open then have extra cuts (yeah they are small but they are deep) the last surgery I had they started by cutting at the same spots that I had my last lap abdominal surgery done and ended up with an open to remove my spleen and 2/3rds of my pancreas..
I knew I was going to soon for my blood work its like a jinx for me always is.. They even told me this morning sure go all is well..lolol.. Ok I need a nap before I need xanex.. shesh.. Now I have to see if they get all this set up in time because now my hubby has already set up time off for that time.. You know if insurance companies would actually do their jobs this crap wouldn't happen..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Re: Insurance calling for more info

LadyLisa ~ I really hope that they can get it all approved for you asap so you don't have to move your date. All this planning and now they want info? Really??? At least your drs are working quickly to try to resolve this and the blood work is good for a few weeks (at least that's what my dr said). Good Luck with all this, it too shall pass and then you will be a princess with us on the other side.

(((hugs)))
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Insurance oked my surgery

Just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that my ins called me today and let me know they oked my open total hysto and got my packet today and yes I have the mag bowel prep and clear liquids the day before.. I do have to go to see my reg doc the 18th for a release and I did have my blood work yesterday and I think my reg doc wants to see me before sending in a release because he knows what family problems I have had the past month and wants to be sure I am ok and ready for this.. (prob just wants to cover his butt, if i end up taking a crap load of xanex before I go in and get propophol on top of that lol ) sigh... so at it stands now the 20th is on for surgery.. I will prob be in a few days but I will deff be home as soon as I can.. I cant sleep in those beds they are so hard on my hips.. So for now fingers crossed that my blood work was ok and I dont get hit by blue crap falling from a plane between now and then

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register