TAH scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH scheduled TAH scheduled

Unread 01-18-2012, 10:08 PM
TAH scheduled

Hi. I'm completely new to this site and really want to know about the Princesses and the Castle. What is this about.

Also, for those who will be facing the decision of hormone therapy do you have any good resources to share.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Re: TAH scheduled 1/23/12

Hello and welcome

Im still getting used to all the names for things but from what I gather the castle is the hospital and when you have had a hysterectomy your a princess

I have my TAH op tomorrow morning and Im so nervous about so many things , the main thing Im worried about is the pain afterwards because I have other health problems including Fibromyalgia and cfs so I will be glad when its over with just hope the nurses keep ontop of my pain...

Good Luck with your op and see you on the other side xxx

Hugs xx Amanda
Unread 01-19-2012, 07:29 AM

That is exactly right, Amanda!!

The hospital is the castle and you are the Princess!!

Tomcat22...

Here is link to a forum about hormone replacement therapy. There should be some good information there. Feel free to post any questions that you may have as well. I'm sure you will get some very good answers and lots of support!

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=237

on your surgery and I hope you have a speedy recovery!! See you on the other side!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2012, 07:40 AM

tomcat: I'm new here too! Hi!

Amanda - good luck tomorrow!
Unread 01-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Re: TAH scheduled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat22 View Post
Hi. I'm completely new to this site and really want to know about the Princesses and the Castle. What is this

Thanks

You can find out more about the origin of expressions used on this site ~ such as Princess and Castle ~ by checking out this article <link> Author's Welcome in our Princess Bedtime Stories.

Enjoy!

Unread 01-19-2012, 08:07 AM

Amanda, best of luck with your surgery. I'm nervous about pain but I don't have the additional concerns you do. I can share that staying on top of the pain is key. Are they giving you a pump so you can control the pain?

Traci, thanks for the link and encouragement. I would appreciate any info you have to share. I'm 40 and having a TAH due to severe endomitriosis, adhesions, etc.

Best of luck to all the new members and those having surgery soon.

Thanks!
Unread 01-19-2012, 08:12 AM

Thanks for the link to Princess Bedtimes Stories!
Unread 01-19-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat22 View Post

Traci, thanks for the link and encouragement. I would appreciate any info you have to share. I'm 40 and having a TAH due to severe endomitriosis, adhesions, etc.

Thanks!
I would love to help in any way that I can. Make sure if you have specific questions, you start a new thread in the appropriate forum. That way anyone with experience can chime in and others can benefit from the information.

You also might want to check out the Endometriosis Support forum, which you can find here:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=236

for your questions and concerns regarding Endo! There are some wonderful ladies there that are dealing with the same issues and there is a wealth of information.

I'm so glad you found us. You are going to love this site!!!

Unread 01-19-2012, 11:47 AM

Hiya yes there putting me on a pain pump and probably a good thing they are .

See you on the other side

Hugs xx
Amanda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register