Urodynamics testing while having a period?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Urodynamics testing while having a period?? Urodynamics testing while having a period??

Unread 07-02-2003, 07:46 PM
Urodynamics testing while having a period??

I am scheduled for Uro testing for Monday, 7/7. I think I will be getting my period in the next two days. Does anyone know if I will have to reschedule or if they'll do it anyway?

I so look forward to having all this testing stuff over and getting a date. This will really upset me if I can't go.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Caroline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2003, 08:21 PM

I had the testing, but I was post meno , so I can't answer that. I think your best bet is to call and ask.

JMHO-- I don't know why it would matter. My guess is that some women are bleeding all the time before their surgeries and it probably doesn't affect whether they will do the testing or not.

Let us know what you find out. You have got my curiosity going!
Unread 07-03-2003, 02:40 AM

hi caroline....when i had my urodynamics test i was actually having a period... so in my case it made no difference.... i hope this reassures you... if you are concerned... ring your doc.... i wish you well.... mary. x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2003, 05:08 AM

Thanks for your information. I'll check with the doc's office just to be sure anyways. Who knows? With my luck they will be different than your docs were!! Thanks, though. I feel better knowing I can probably go anyways.

Caroline
Unread 07-03-2003, 07:06 PM

I called the DR office today to ask about the testing while having a period. They said "we don't mind if you don't". So, anyone who needs to know, it doesn't matter.

Thanks for all your responses.

Caroline
Unread 07-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Same response

I had my urodynamic testing done during my period. when I scheduled the test, I told them I might be having my period. They told me the same "It doesn't bother us if it doesn't bother you". The test went well.

Levanah
Unread 07-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Urodynamics testing

I don't have periods anymore, and haven't in at least 12-15 yrs. but if I have to go through this test to relieve my prolapse, I think I'll just keep the prolapse.

Have a urology consult in a couple of hours, so we'll see what's said.

How in the world could anyone do this? I've had all sorts of surgeries, but this would leave me no pride or dignity at all.

MrsMEW
Unread 07-17-2003, 11:03 AM
Don't worry about it

Urodynamic testing isn't all that bad. When I had mine, the staff was very good at making me feel comfortable. They had a sense of humor and made me feel relaxed. Because I was interested in what was going on, they let me watch the computer printouts and explained the different elements that they were testing. It is sometimes the only way to determine the exact diagnosis of the bladder problems and which procedure would give the best results.

Levanah
Unread 07-18-2003, 05:06 AM

Wonder of wonder! Went to urologist, described for him the "exact same things" I did for the Gyn. and he said, "So? So does my wife. Most women your age have that much trouble." He said he thinks my gyn is way too careful and I don't need the tests. In fact, he refused to schedule them until he speaks to her about it.

I came home and made an appt. with another gyn for next Wed.

Can anyone appreciate why I don't trust the medical world?

Thanks for all your good information and support.

Pat
MrsMEW

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register