scheduled for 6-22-07 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scheduled for 6-22-07 scheduled for 6-22-07

Unread 04-30-2007, 03:00 PM
scheduled for 6-22-07

Hi ladies just got back from the gyno and he has decided to remove my uterus but it won't be vaginal because my uterus is to big. I am scared to death, I am only 35 and this is a major surgery. Can you guys give me some advice. I am suppose to have some test called and IVP where they test your kidneys has anyone done this test yet? please I need all the support I can get. totally freaking out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 06:06 PM
scheduled for 6-22-07

I'm sorry that you are freaking out. It is totally understandable but if you read all the threads here you can see that it isn't as bad as what you might think. The pain medications have changed so much and they really are much better at controlling the pain. You will of course, still need to take it easy and recouperate, but think of that at a time to pamper yourself. I am having my surgery the week after yours, and I'm already collecting books, movies and things that I want to do and that I can enjoy without worrying about all the other things I usually do.

My surgery will be abdominal as well because of scar tissue but I have had 8 C-section so I have sort of experienced this before. Dr. did tell me that it will be a little worse but this time when I go home I get to sleep through the night and I don't have to get up for anyone LOL, so maybe my recovery will be easier.

There are a few other threads (I love my Uterus) which is a good one to read if you are worried about losing your uterus.

I have never had an IVP done so I can't help you there.

Is there someone you can sit and talk to about how you are feeling and what your real fears are? Otherwise, write it down here on the board and someone will give you the support you need. Sometimes it takes time for people to think through what they need to say. I read your post earlier today but am only answering now because I have been mulling this over in my mind.

Take care of yourself,

Liz
Unread 04-30-2007, 06:42 PM
scheduled for 6-22-07

I haven't had an IVP, but I worked in radiology at the hospital and did them. You get an injection in your arm of dye that shows on xray. They take xrays as they "watch" the dye collect in your kidneys, travel down the ureters to the bladder. After the bladder is full, they will probably have you go to the bathroom then take one last xray. Be sure to tell them about meds you are on and any allergies you have. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 09:15 PM
scheduled for 6-22-07

thanks ladies both of these post helps alot. I am glad to be getting it over with. I am 35 and have 4 kids. I am just hoping nothing goes wrong. So IPV isn't a standard test for this procedure?
Unread 04-30-2007, 09:51 PM
It is scary

Hi,
So sorry you are scared and freaked. I just schedule my Hyster for 7/20 so a month after yours. I am 36 and can't believe this is actually happening.
My surgery will also be abdominal, my doctor wants to make sure she gets every bit of tissue of my uterus and cervix.
I am really freaked out the recovery process, I have never had this kind of major surgery before. It is a heck of way to get off of work for a few weeks.
I too have never had an IVP but I have had similar procedures, and I am sure you will be just fine.
I hope everything goes well for you.
Unread 05-01-2007, 11:01 AM
questions

If you don't mind me asking why are you having this done. MY reason is I can't stop bleeding. and I feel like it is affecting my life always having to worry about spotting all the time. I hope yours goes well. Are they taking just your uterus? Its nice to know there are other women out there going through the same thing. Thanks for your support
Unread 05-01-2007, 11:15 AM
scheduled for 6-22-07

I have a long history of messed up cycles long and short this last one has been 8 weeks of bleeding nothing heavy but consistent. I also have a build up of tissue in my uterus that given my history and my family history just doesn't boad well. I am having my uterus and cervix removed. My grandmother had uterine and cervical cancer. My biopsy showed no cancer yet but better safe than sorry later.
Unread 05-01-2007, 11:53 AM
scheduled for 6-22-07

my total LAVH is scheduled for the day before yours... i've just found this site today and already i feel a lot calmer just knowing its here
hope you are feeling better too and good luck with it!
Unread 05-01-2007, 12:02 PM
scheduled for 6-22-07

Hi-

I am 34 and having mine tomorrow. I am VERY nervous! I will be so glad to get it over with. My uterus is too big to do vaginal. They will be doing a Laparoscopic total hysterectomy hopefully! They say they can not be sure they will not have to switch to abdominal until they get in there to see.
Unread 05-01-2007, 12:07 PM
scheduled for 6-22-07

hey cat... they told me the same thing about maybe having to switch to abdominal once they got in there... but my doc is totally up front with me and he admitted that most likely, it won't even be an issue, that he pretty much has to say that cause its like a disclaimer. make sense?
i wish you good luck with it. i can understand the nervousness... i am only 29 myself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register