Boosting the Post-Op Immune System? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Boosting the Post-Op Immune System? Boosting the Post-Op Immune System?

Unread 11-14-2006, 07:57 AM
Boosting the Post-Op Immune System?

Good Morning Sisters!

I feel my immune system is really run down post op. I guess this is major surgery and with that comes a run down immune system. My question is what is the best thing we can do for ourselves post op now to help boost that immune system back up????

I pray for my sisters each day here when I say my prayers. I hope this day is finding you in good cheer, better health, and tons of love surrounding you. Remember our struggles make us stronger and the changes makes us wiser!!!!

My and for you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2006, 09:57 AM

I found that a very healthy diet with fruits , vegetables, whole grains,low fat protein, and no junk food, mostly natural foods, lot's of water, plenty of rest, and execise, like walking several times a week to help me heal and get strong. I also take multivitamin and calcium plus D.

s
Unread 11-14-2006, 10:07 AM

Mornin, SisterAngel ! Good topic! My opinion is good healthy foods; fresh fruits and veggies, stay away from artificial preservatives, sweeteners and the like, vitamins, and fresh air and excercise. Dirnk good old natural water, milk for calcium and vitamin D, jusice and avoid sodas if possible. This is an especially good post coming up on flu season, and Princesses are especially vulnerable to virus right now. I also suggest a flu shot.Oh yeah, and lots and lots of chocolate!!! Dark is the healthiest!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2006, 02:17 PM

cranberry juice is a natural immune booster; you might want to use the lower sugar version, elevated blood sugar can slow the healing process.

good health and speedy recovery
Unread 11-14-2006, 05:51 PM

I'm a big fan of Emergen-C (packets of effervescent B and C vitamins). Watch out if you have kidney stones though, or any other condition where high levels of vitamin C are not advised. It tastes great and seems to give a boost.
Unread 11-14-2006, 06:31 PM

I guess that doesn't include Big Mac's does it? sniff, sniff!!!
In Agreement with what all the sisters said, and I would add, FLAX seeds. I just read a book on it.
It says that it is a nutritional powerhouse and a super healing food. Flax prevents the growth of new cancer cells, and lowers blood cholesterol levels, it helps with constipation, intestinal, and digestive problems, high blood pressure, cardiovascular problems and degenerative diseases. I have been putting it in my cereal. I might as well add prune juice to the list too,
Unread 11-14-2006, 07:01 PM

Thanks Sisters for all the great tips and advice. I am feeling much better this evening and had a good day. I think the stomach bug has left the building lol....gosh I hope so at least.

I will do the things you all mentioned. It never hurts to boost our immune systems post surgery to make us healthier again

Good night Sisters. Sweet Dreams. May you have pleasant dreams and may the angels sing you lullabyes...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Unread 11-14-2006, 07:40 PM

Sister angel I always find your words to be very comforting Thank you for your prayers. Great post cause I think I may be coming down with something.
Thanks ladies I've been eating the fruits and vege's,taking multivitamin and avoiding sugar. I think I will give that flax seed a try.
Unread 11-15-2006, 03:59 PM

I usually drink Airbourne to boost my immune system. I was so afraid that before my surgery I would get a cold and have to postpone. I drank Airbourne (tablet that fizzes in water and taste like Tang) for a month before and didn't get one cold when everyone else around me was contagious with just about anything you can think of.
Unread 11-15-2006, 04:40 PM

Thanks Sisters. I have seen airbourne and never thought of getting that. I also drink tons of cranberry juice mixed in water (50/50 mix). Great tips. I hope these tips help all of us so we don't get sick and if we're sick boost that system back up

Thanks again. I hope and pray you have a great evening. May you rest well and may the angels sing you soft lullabyes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register