3 days to go and getting hysterical | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days to go and getting hysterical 3 days to go and getting hysterical

Unread 06-09-2002, 06:01 PM
3 days to go and getting hysterical

I have all of these lists all over the house. I needed to go to the food store, dust, do all the laundry and I haven't done any of it and I go to the castle on Wednesday. To top it off my DH got hurt at work with a hernia. OMG he is having surgery the following Thursday and school lets out the day after his surgery.
We will have a lot of help though. My mom and his mom are willing to practically move in if they have too. They both live close by and my MIL will be taking DH for his surgery b/c I know after an TAH/BSO I will not be driving or up to the car ride even. Of course I am ovualting and in extreme pain to just make my day complete. Sorry about this I just needed to vent somewhere. Thanks for listening and for all of the answers. I am just hoping that waiting is indeed the hardest part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2002, 06:16 PM
Hi Rose,

I'm sorry your dh got hurt and has to have surgery too. At least you can keep each other company while you're recupperating.

Don't worry about the things you don't get done. I was so frustrated right before my surgery, because I had tons of stuff to do, and no end in sight. Well, as it turns out, when I got home from the hospital, I couldn't have cared less about all of that. Just didn't matter anymore. So what, if there was dust an inch deep on the TV, so what if the carpet looked like a ticker tape parade went by, I was just glad to be home and to have the surgery behind me.

Focus on you, pamper you, do something that you enjoy and that will relax you. That's all that really matters.

And hang in there, the waiting IS the hardest part, and you'll be on the other side looking back before you know it.

Best wishes, s, and prayers. We're here for you if you need us.

Lisa
Unread 06-09-2002, 06:17 PM

Oh, yes. Waiting is the worst. I remember laying in my hospital bed and feeling like a new person right after surgery.

Do what you can, and don't worry about what doesn't get done. Sounds like you'll have plenty of help while you and your husband recover!

Best wishes and sending lots of s your way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2002, 06:32 PM

Rosie!!!!!!!!!OMG My church is in Old Bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I live in Hazlet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What hospital are you having surgery in? Well Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I has my surgery 3/28. I was blessed with alot of people helping and willing to help. My kids get our of school on 6/21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Angela
Unread 06-09-2002, 06:51 PM

OMG cat- My hubby was raised in Hazlet and his mom and sister still live there! I am going to St. Peters in New Brunswick. I actually live in Sayreville but my mailing address is Old Bridge and since I live on the very last block in Sayreville I just say I live in OB it makes it easier to explain. My DD gets out on the 21st too! So you know that my MIL isn't far at all from me and my mom lives in Rahway. (no not near the prison. HAHA) So I will have the help. Actually I felt so guilty that after I wrote that post I went and dusted the living room. So one thing scratched off of the list. E-mail me if you want to at: roseandjoerubino@netzero.net

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register