Nervous about TVH and Wedding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nervous about TVH and Wedding Nervous about TVH and Wedding

Unread 07-29-2002, 10:20 AM
Nervous about TVH and Wedding

Hi all. I am scheduled for a TVH on August 12th. I've heard that six weeks is the recommended waiting period for sex. Has anyone found this to be different? I am getting married on October 5th so that puts me at right about the six week mark. I really don't want my wedding night to be affected by pain.
Also, I am very concerned about feeling fatigued after my surgery. How long does it last?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2002, 10:30 AM

First of congrats on the wedding !!!!!!!
I had a tvh on May15th.
The recovery is much easier than tah. (remember not all heal the same though)
I had to wait until 7 weeks to resume sex.But also had repairs and a blader tack with hyst.
It all depends on how well healed you are.
You need to rest, rest, rest and take care of yourself so you will be healed for the wedding.
In the begining you will find that you tire easy---it gets better day by day!I got released at 4 weeks with no restriction (but sex)
And if you do get the ok at 6 weeks--remember-----ky --slow and easy for the 1st few weeks.
Im sure future hubby will understand.
Best wishes to you and good luck with surgery!
Unread 07-29-2002, 11:23 AM
wow!

getting married! That takes even more courage than the hyst! ha ha--

Seems from all the posts I've read that some women are back in full form and raring to go at four weeks post op, while others take quite a bit longer. There's probably no way to predict how your body is going to handle it, but depending on how old you are, and what kind of physical shape you're in, I see no reason not to be optimistic!

Here's hoping you're going somewhere quiet and restful on your honeymoon!

Take care and good luck!

Teena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2002, 12:41 PM

Congratulations!

You *may* be given the all clear by 6 weeks, but even if you are, don't expect much from yourself. I was released at 4 weeks, but it took several weeks for the lingering tenderness to resolve, and a few months to really get back into good form.

I hate to be a wet blanket - I'd just wouldn't want you to count on a thrilling night of "marital bliss" and fireworks, only to find that "ooh, that's still ouchy, let's try something else" is how it turns out. If you both keep an open mind, and realize that you *will* be OK shortly even if you're not quite ready just then, I'm sure you'll have a lovely night together.
Unread 07-30-2002, 11:37 AM

Hi Jen

I wouldn't worry about it, mostly because your marriage is a joyful thing and you don't want to attach more anxiety to it!

Alot of women are raring to go at 6 weeks- talk honestly with your doctor, and your fiancee. If you are spotting or anything, your doctor can help with zapping granulation befor the 6 week mark. Do your Kriegals (does anyone really know how to spell that?), and remember that gentle has it's own pleasures.

I don't remember seeing anyone coming to the boards saying that sex was a problem or hurt- it is usually much more likely to be a vacuum injury!
Unread 07-31-2002, 11:16 AM

Hi!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You really have a double whammy....surgery and a wedding....at least you can have something happy and positive like your wedding to focus on. I just had my TVH on 7/24 so I can't tell you about sex yet, but I can say my recovery has gone very well. I have had very little pain, just cramping like a period (everyone is different). Take it easy. I have done very little this first week, trying to be a guest in my own home (it is very hard). Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery and all will go well. The worst part is the waiting.

Good Luck!!!!
LEILAH

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register