11 days Post lap hysterectomy - cuts and sores down below | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 days Post lap hysterectomy - cuts and sores down below 11 days Post lap hysterectomy - cuts and sores down below

Unread 07-10-2015, 04:56 AM
11 days Post lap hysterectomy - cuts and sores down below

Hi to all u ladies recovering from surgery. I had my op on the 29 june. Had a total hystectomy, leaving just one ovary. Got an infection in t first week. Given 2 sets of antibiotics to take. Had swabs taken. Feel like I have thrush to top it all. Nightmare!! Had a burning pain inside which has now gone with the tablets. However I keep getting cuts and sores down below! Not sure what to do. Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone suggest what I should do. My consultant has said I am not allowed to put anything inside but can use canestan cream which I did but now I have the cuts and sores which sting! Feel terrible. Any suggestions welcome x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Re: 11 days Post lap hysterectomy - cuts and sores down below

I'm sorry nobody answered you that could help more than me. Sounds like you have had issues. Idk what you might be allergic to but I got itchy and dry around my vagina and got desperate and used a lil vitamin e oil just around the outside. Then when I went to dr he said use replens. When I got the replens I didn't insert it I just put the cream around on outside and it helped. I think when I started hrt that it helped also. Hope you feel better real soon. Sorry you're having such a rough time.
Unread 07-11-2015, 02:30 AM
11 days Post lap hysterectomy - cuts and sores down below

Hi thank you so much for your reply. I will get both things and try as it is so uncomfortable. Wish I had researched more prior to the op. Feel out of the loop at the moment. Fingers crossed it gets easier as time goes on. My consultant said one ovary should support my bodies needs whereby I won't need hrt but I'm actually not sure from the way I feel. Once again thank for replying.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowerbeck View Post
I'm sorry nobody answered you that could help more than me. Sounds like you have had issues. Idk what you might be allergic to but I got itchy and dry around my vagina and got desperate and used a lil vitamin e oil just around the outside. Then when I went to dr he said use replens. When I got the replens I didn't insert it I just put the cream around on outside and it helped. I think when I started hrt that it helped also. Hope you feel better real soon. Sorry you're having such a rough time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2015, 05:23 AM
Re: 11 days Post lap hysterectomy - cuts and sores down below

I have heard them say on here that sometimes your ovary can stop producing for awhile due to trauma of surgery so maybe it will be back to normal before long. Prayers for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register