LAVH ahead | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-19-2008, 11:30 AM
LAVH ahead

I go for my pre-op tomorrow. I know I'm doing the right thing and I can't wait for this to happen, but I can't think of anything else, my concentration is shot and I've been bleeding since July (with two different one week breaks thrown in). I'm terribly worried about having to come back to work 13 days after my surgery even tho I understand that an LAVH has a shorter recuperation time. There's nothing I can do about it, however, as I don't have any more paid time off. At least I have a desk job but I have a half hour commute I'm a bit worried about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2008, 04:19 PM
LAVH ahead

I know how you feel. My surgery is set for 11/25 and I told my husband that I just feel like crying and I don't know why. I'm fine with the decision and really can't wait to finally start feeling better so I don't know why I'm feeling depressed.
Unread 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM
LAVH ahead

I'm with you ladies. My pre-op is next week and I know I have to do this because i can't take the pain anymore but I am worried and scared.

As far as time off, I am lucky, as my work is working something out in order for me to get paid the entire 6 weeks. I only have 15 days. Once that is used up, I would have nothing but I work with a bunch of Drs. and they are making sure I am getting a paycheck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2008, 05:35 PM
LAVH ahead

Everyones body is different. I am 31 and had an lavh/bso. I was back to work, with a 45 minute commute (incl dopping son off at school) right under the 2 week mark.

I started working out again at the 3 week mark. Just be kind to you body, LISTEN to it, and dont overdo it. Especially in the first week when you THINK you are feeling great!
Unread 11-19-2008, 06:18 PM
LAVH ahead

Bikerolady

I think if you have a desk job, you still need to watch your stooping, bending over, pushing or pulling things..etc. I had my LAVH yesterday and feel surprising well, but remember its still a major surgery for you on the inside. Please don't over do. My doc stressed, in front of my husband, not to over do it. Take care of yourself and get all the rest you can. I got home today at 2 and have done nothing but nap on and off!

Good luck. You will be fine.
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:29 PM
LAVH ahead

Faith, How did it go? I've been wondering about you and wishing positive thoughts your way.
Unread 11-20-2008, 02:35 AM
LAVH ahead

I'm 4 weeks post op LAVH and am still off work.

Although I'm not in a lot of "pain" (more discomfort here and there), but I get exhausted real easy (I'm talking a trip to the grocery will wipe me out).

Monday I took a shower, went to Walgreens, The Post office and Hobby Lobby and was only gone for less than 2 hours. I've pretty much been sleeping on and off (mostly on) for the past two days. It's so weird how easily I tire out (my doctor told me it was normal, he couldn't explain it, but said it happens to almost all of his patients).

Rest as much as you can, you'll need it.

Good luck with your surgery
Unread 11-20-2008, 03:25 PM
LAVH ahead

Bikerolady,

I was and still am in the same boat as you. I have an hour commute to work as well. I was out of PTO too. Look into Short term disablility. They usually pay you a percent of your check. Thats what i had to do. I had a LAVH on 11/11 and i can tell you I really dont think I am in any shape to go back to work on Monday as I have scheduled. I felt fine on the 3rd and 4th day but OMG all the nerves are reattaching and I hurt more now than I did on day 2. I finally ventured out yesterday for the first time. Boy was that a mistake. My DS was at a wrestling match right down the road from my house. Waited until hed had about 10 minutes before he would wrestle and then I had DH take me over. All I can say is WOW! I sat on the bottom bleachers since I still am not able to climb stairs. I would have been safer at the top. All those people going up and down bouncing my poor 24month swelly belly around was torture. I finally just stood up. I was only there about 25 minutes and was in such pain after I left. I will be sitting for most of my job too but I think I'm gonna extend my time off through the thanksgiving week. At this point, no money is worth it to not put myself at risk and have a mojor set back. Best of luck to you and your journey to the castle!
Unread 11-20-2008, 05:20 PM
LAVH ahead

Thanks for the positive thoughts! My LAVH went surprisingly well. I kept one ovary. Uterus was larger than expected due to fibroids. I didn't have large ones, just lots of smaller ones that caused as much problems. I have felt wonderful, in and out of the hospital. Haven't needed much pain meds. The pain is not as gad as what I suffered through before surgery. I just am trying to listen to my body. No BM yet. Kind of worried about that, but not stressing over it. I have a wonderful husband who is spoiling me terribly. So all in all, I feel blessed. Thanks for asking!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register