Pillows with arms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pillows with arms Pillows with arms

Unread 02-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Pillows with arms

You guys are so funny! I hope I am laughing Friday, when I go in for my TAH. I should have bought more. I made myself a little pillow for my belly this wk-end ( I think that is what it is for). But what is this pillow with arms. Is that so it is easier to carry it around, with other things in your hands? I did buy a 2 1/2 ft. grabber thingy. So I don't have to bend over. Of couse that is only for lighter non-breakable things.

I feel I should have bought myself some more fun things. Got lots of books. Some on this subject. That can get to you, when you only have 2 wks to read all about it. Sometimes too much info. is not good. I think it raised my blood pressure. I've been cooking & stocking up on food for my DH.

I also feel a little guilty, I haven't washed my curtains. I'm hopeing that thought passes soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Pillows with arms

It's a large pillow with arms on the side so you can sit up nice and comfy in bed. It's pretty heavy so I doubt you can carry it anywhere post op. They sell them at bed and bath stores and aren't all that expensive.

Hope that info helps!
Unread 02-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Pillows with arms

I just got mine for under $10. Do you know what we're talking about now?
Fro-yo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Pillows with arms

Oh like a bed pillow that lets you sit-up. OK thanks! I was thinking, I could use one of those. Then thought oh, I'm not going to spend the $$ for something like that. I may only use it a couple of weeks.

I just love this web-site. You all are just terrific. I feel much better going into this.
Unread 02-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Pillows with arms

Nan52, you wash your curtains...very ambitious of you. Please do not read too many books on the procedure. It is definitely too much information, I'm talking as someone who has been there and done that. The info on this website is perfect. It answers real life questions and reminds you that to get real information that relates just to you, call your doctor.

Furthermore, no guilt about not washing your curtains or I will never be able to live with myself.

Lot's of hugs and smiles. Take care of yourself and don't over do it on the cooking and cleaning. Be kind to yourself.

Denise
Unread 02-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Pillows with arms

You can wash curtains?!?!?

Tiffany
Unread 02-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Pillows with arms

Quote:
Originally posted by whoneedsanity
You can wash curtains?!?!?

Tiffany
SSSSSHHH... don't tell DH... I just go buy new ones.

The Pillow with arms. I got one when I had the surgery on my one tube that I had at the time and honestly is was awkward (just my opinion). If I wanted to layback and sleep I didn't want it, I wanted regular pillows, I couldn't sleep up like that in bed and it was hard to move. I'm just going to have every extra pillow in the house handy. Although the pillow with arms was good on the sofa. I'm short and the sofa is deep, so I didn't have to sit all the way back.
Unread 02-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Pillows with arms

Quote:
Originally posted by outwtheold
SSSSSHHH... don't tell DH... I just go buy new ones.

The Pillow with arms. I got one when I had the surgery on my one tube that I had at the time and honestly is was awkward (just my opinion). If I wanted to layback and sleep I didn't want it, I wanted regular pillows, I couldn't sleep up like that in bed and it was hard to move. I'm just going to have every extra pillow in the house handy. Although the pillow with arms was good on the sofa. I'm short and the sofa is deep, so I didn't have to sit all the way back.
Unread 02-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Pillows with arms

Thanks all for your support!

The only reson I mentioned cleaning curtains (and yes, I do wash some of mine), is that somewhere on this web-site, someone wrote in that she was all done cleaning her curtains & whole house. She still has 3 wks. to go. I go into surgery Fri., Oh but who is counting the days. So then I started thinking, I have loads more to clean. See some of my curtains, I made & can be washed. I also have 2 cats, who love to look out the windows.

Well I guess some of this will have to wait since my DH just took me out to dinner. Nice! But now he wants me to cut his hair. Usually I enjoy that. I have been so busy at work & home. Oh well, housework will have to wait for him to do. Right!
Unread 02-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Pillows with arms

Quote:
Originally posted by Nan52
Well I guess some of this will have to wait since my DH just took me out to dinner. Nice! But now he wants me to cut his hair. Usually I enjoy that. I have been so busy at work & home. Oh well, housework will have to wait for him to do. Right!
Wow, I cut DH's hair Sunday... a good one, has to last him a while.

Nan, we have the same date...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register