High blood pressure problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

High blood pressure problems High blood pressure problems

Unread 12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
High blood pressure problems

I am having my surgery in about 6 weeks. Yesterday I had an echocardiogram and a stress test because my GYN heard a skipped heartbeat and a murmur. I got cardiac clearance but the blood pressure has been very, very high since all of this got in the works. I take Topral XL now and starting today I am also taking 300mg of Avapro in addition to the Topral XL 25 mg. They actually made me stop the stress test because the blood pressure was over 200/100 before I started the last 2 minutes on tread mill. My bp has been inching up since I have been stressed about my brother's health ( He died of a glioblastoma brain tumor just 4 months after it was discovered at the age of 62.) I have been dealing with the health issues and impending hysterectomy and his illness and death. I know that I have reason to be this hyper. Sometimes I think I should delay this surgery but it has been hanging over my head since April--- the same week my brother got his diagnosis. Anyone else dealing with high blood pressure issues? I may be wrong but I seem to be a lot older than a lot of ladies facing this surgery. I will be 61 in March.

Downyocean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2007, 07:20 PM

Downyocean -

I am 46 and I have high blood pressure. Mine can go quite high like yours. After MUCH trial and error mine is well controlled by Lotrel 10/20's. Mine did go up around the time of my surgery also, but my Dr was ok with it just being nerves. My cardiologist also gave me cardiac clearance so I felt OK with the BP's. Does you surgeon who is doing the surgery know? How does he feel about it? What is his plan if it goes up during surgery or after? I think maybe a scheduled talk with him about the issue would give you info and put your mind at ease.

Good Luck!!

Starbgirl
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:42 PM

My surgeon found the murmur and skipped heartbeat and insisted that I get it tested before surgery. I meet with her again on the 18th of December and hopefully the additional bp meds will kick in and get it down to a more moderate level. That is a great idea to ask what her plan is if it should go sky rocketing during surgery. I had my veins striped a few years ago and they had a real problem with the blood pressure in the middle of the surgery. They had to do some fancy manuevering with the blood flow to my legs. My GP is worried about it so that is why he increased the meds that I am taking prior to the surgery. It is a concern for sure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register