TAH Six days post hysterectomy ....scared of what may still come | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Six days post hysterectomy ....scared of what may still come Six days post hysterectomy ....scared of what may still come

Unread 05-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Six days post hysterectomy ....scared of what may still come

Hi Ladies,
Today is day 6 post op. Took the 40 min drove to Dr. for staple removal and pathology report. No cancer!!!! Fibroids, adenomyosis,weight was more than double the norm. It was the right thing to do......but man that outting left me almost lifeless. WTH is with that? I didn't drive, was dropped and picked up at door. I'm finding myself panicking at every new pain or twinge. I'm having all sorts of anxiety about doing too much and destroying my recovery. Am I sitting wrong and applying too much pressure. Do I have a blood clot? Might I get a fistula? I'm having anxiety and guilt being a couch potato. My mind is racing and some of these pains don't make logical sense. Oh and I thought my days of period cramps were over. Guess that joke was on me. Feeling sooo emotional and sad and unnecessary frustration and resentment towards hubby, family members for going on with their normal day tonday and with friends who have clean houses and are caught up on laundry. I kept both ovaries.....what gives with this hormonal emotional flood?
I feel like I'm loosing it and I know I still have such a long way to go........
I swear if I called my doc with every new thing.....she'd have me institutionalized!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Re: Six days out....scared of what may still come

Your ovaries are probably still asleep. We don't realize that the little things we do each day takes as much energy as it does.Taking that first shower after surgery was exhausting,never thought of a shower like that.

Chris
Unread 05-20-2014, 06:17 PM

Asleep? Dear Lord what are they gonna do when they wake up? �� How long do they "sleep" for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2014, 07:18 PM

It depends,everyone is different,I lost mine with the surgery,but I had already gone thru menopause so I didn't miss them.

Chris
Unread 05-20-2014, 07:38 PM

Hang in there! Slowly but surely things will be better. Make sure you are walking a little bit more every day - that will help you in the long run. Listen to your body and don't try to overdo it.
Unread 05-20-2014, 09:30 PM

Omg I'm right there with u!!! I kept my ovaries and yet I'm a flipping emotional hot mess. And yes! The anxiety is killing me!!!!! We both need to cut ourselves some slack though. This was major surgery. Hugs!
Unread 05-21-2014, 04:23 AM
Re: Six days post hysterectomy ....scared of what may still come

I also had TAH, Dr removed everything and only managed to keep 1 ovary. I have multiple ovarian cysts, Adenomyosis, Endometriosis so TAH was the decision I made to stop the recurrence of the cysts. I am into 5th week post op and understand all the anxiety you are having now. Bear in mind that we have a very major op and recovery takes time.

In the first week, I had nausea due to the side effects of oral painkiller I was taking, after switching painkiller I was fine. I was like you very paranoid about every new pain or twinge.
Go slow on walking around the house, once you feel better or have more stamina you can walk more but always listen to you body, if you feel any pain, stop and rest. Get the abdominal binder, that helped me a lot in the first month.There's no hurry to recovery. Even taking a shower, a short walk in the garden is exhausting for the first few weeks.

The hot flushes and insomnia kept me up at night and got better after the fourth week.
I still get bladder spasm now and I wonder when it will fully go away. I do feel each day gets better, I got more energy to move around but I am not 100% ready to do the things I used to do before the surgery. Some days when I felt better I did more, I end up exhausted or with pain in my abdomen area, it's a sign I need to stop and rest.

Hang on there, we will get there one day.
Unread 05-21-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammax3 View Post
Your ovaries are probably still asleep. We don't realize that the little things we do each day takes as much energy as it does.Taking that first shower after surgery was exhausting,never thought of a shower like that.

Chris
I felt the same way after my shower!
Unread 05-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Re: Six days post hysterectomy ....scared of what may still come

I hope you did not drive those 40 minutes!
Unread 05-21-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niborhood1 View Post
I hope you did not drive those 40 minutes!
No I did not I'm being
a good girl. DH drove me and let me squeeze his hand during staple removal.
Just seems everyday there is something new.
Unfortunately, along with my TAH I had an umbilical hernia repair and a lot of work done to the right side nerves and bowel wall. I am still numb down my right thigh.It's not just one pain....but several things that wear me down. Was hoping for more energy and a real feeling of being on the real road to recovery already.
I must state however I am very blessed this isn't worse, because knowing my history and risk factor ...it could have been.
Thank you for the support ladies!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register