Day 4 post hysterectomy and not sure what im capable of doing I cant lay down all day and im feeling too uncomfortable. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day 4 post hysterectomy and not sure what im capable of doing I cant lay down all day and im feeling too uncomfortable. Day 4 post hysterectomy and not sure what im capable of doing I cant lay down all day and im feeling too uncomfortable.

Unread 04-21-2014, 06:24 AM
Day 4 post hysterectomy and not sure what im capable of doing I cant lay down all day and im feeling too uncomfortable.

Hi this might sound like a trivial thing and not very important but I honestly dont know what to do with myself. Im now day 4 and not sure what im capable of doing I cant lay down all day and im feeling too uncomfortable. What were some of the things you did when you came home just need some ideas .appreciate the help for something so silly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2014, 06:50 AM
Day 4 post hysterectomy and not sure what im capable of doing I cant lay down all day and im feeling too uncomfortable.

Getting up and walking helped with my pain and being uncomfortable. Just doing a lap or two around the room would help and got me out of bed or off the couch. By the time I was done doing my second lap I was tired and would welcome laying back down. Hope you find away to get comfortable. But rest and walking are your bestfriends right now.
Unread 04-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Re: dont know

I would get up in the morning and help the kids off to school and then shower - then I'd lay down for a while and watch some tv. Then I'd get up and piddle around the house - not doing any lifting or such just small things away that I could reach, etc. The first week husband was home and did most everything but I'd get up and walk outside and sit for a while while the dogs played and did their business. Moving around a little at a time really helped me feel better faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Re: Im now day 4 and not sure what im capable of doing I cant lay down all day and im feeling too uncomfortable.

This is a great time to learn or renew a skill such as knitting or crochetting. Walking hourly also helps with healing. Many ladies have subscribed to net flicks. As for me, I spent a lot of my time reading (I think I read about 25 books) and of course, spent hours on HysterSisters. I hope that some of my ideas help.
Unread 04-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Re: Im now day 4 and not sure what im capable of doing I cant lay down all day and im feeling too uncomfortable.

I highly recommend walking every so often to keep your blood moving, and to stretch your back and legs. I feel like my poor back is taking a beating right now because I am lying in bed most of the day. I am a busy bee normally so yes it is hard not to go bonkers, but I do watch a lot of Netflix (streaming). It's great because of the selection of shows and you can watch entire seasons. My sweet mother in law gave me a bunch of magazines, which is great because when you are on pain killers it is hard to focus on a book. Just some ideas that I've found help fill the time. Best wishes, Ouiser.
Unread 04-21-2014, 02:39 PM

I do paper crafting and then sell the items on a stall I run for a local hospice. I found that absorbed me.
Unread 04-21-2014, 04:27 PM

I get up about every hour and walk a couple laps around the house. I'm making dream catchers for gifts, you can google directions. They're really easy to make. Not being able to clean is making me crazy. I have dusted everything thats at standing level. Or maybe wash some windows. Also have netflix and just started watching Numbers and Scrubs. I'm doing crossword puzzles too. Sorry my post is all over the place lol I just took my pain pills and its hard to focus!
Unread 04-21-2014, 07:46 PM

Made jewelry, mending, phone calls, email, hallmark movies, bubble baths, did devotions w hubby, made lists, texted kids, folded laundry, watched favorite shows without guilt.
Unread 04-21-2014, 08:40 PM

Thanks all for your replies . I know what you mean about making sense I have no idea if im rambling on or talking normally. Not used to listening to my body and wasn't sure what im capable of.
Unread 04-21-2014, 09:44 PM

I know what you mean about not being able to sit still. I can't either, yet I am only on week 2 now and I am now where ready to go back to work. The first week I just took pain pills and slept. It was the only to keep myself down. My post op notes said I could do dusting and cooking. Just don't do it all at once. Cook in stages... chop some veggies and sit marinate meat and sit put it all in a pan and sit put it in the oven and sit.... take it in stages. NO HEAVY LIFTING!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register