terrified!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-23-2007, 11:30 AM
terrified!!

i found out yesterday, i have an ovarian cyst the size of a FOOTBALL!!! what??? i'm scheduled for surgery feb 8th to remove it as well as a total hysterectomy. i feel like a freak of nature. i'm 41, a widow for 8 years, lost my son less than 2 years ago, moved to a new town a year ago, now this?? i have a daughter who is 17.....how much more do we have to endure?? i'm needing some support. i feel lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2007, 11:39 AM
here for you

My goodness! That is a lot to be dealing with! Well, you won't be alone for the many emotions starting now that come with having the surgery. We will be here and support and encourage you all we can.
You are NOT alone!
It is hard to imagine a football isnt it?! But get it out and one more time, start over fresh. You can do this, I know you don't want too, your tired I'm sure, but you need your health now, more than ever. Come to us about anything and we will be here. I'll keep you in my prayers. Take care of you, you already are by coming here!
Unread 01-23-2007, 12:12 PM
terrified!!

Life has certainly sent you some challenges hasn't it? I think after this surgery you will feel so relieved knowing this won't cause you anymore problems( just think if it wasn't being removed)
also know that you are not completely alone cuz your hster sisters have all been through it in one way or another...write as you need to and take care of you!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2007, 12:22 PM
terrified!!

I am sorry that you are so overwhelmed. You have had a lot to deal with in your life, and bam! seems like here comes some more. Even though I don't know you, you sound like a very strong person.
Come here and vent your fears and feelings! These women have been a lifesaver!
Your surgery day will be here before you know it! Take care!
Unread 01-23-2007, 02:34 PM
terrified!!

You've been through a rough time, but you are certainly not a freak of nature. A growth the size of a football on a little thing like an ovary sounds terrible - that must be so painful - but you are not on your own with it. On Thursday last, I had a SAH with removal of a fibroid the size of a melon and I gather that growths as big as that are by no means unusual. Come in here a lot between now and your operation; you'll find a lot of women in a similar situation and we are eager to be as supportive as we can.
Unread 01-23-2007, 02:37 PM
terrified!!

I had a really big fibroid removed just a few months ago.
I wasn't aware of exactly how much it adversely affected my life (excessive bleeding and anemia, constipation, urinary incontinence....) until I had it removed. I'm feeling SO much better now. You will, too. Hang in there!
Unread 01-23-2007, 05:18 PM
terrified!!

Sorry to hear about how much you have gone through but the other women are right you sound like a very strong person and I truly believe you can handle this.
Unread 01-23-2007, 05:32 PM
terrified!!

Sweetheart, feel VERY fortunate they caught this as early as they did!! Always the positive hon.

My mom's ovary grew to a 40 lb mass. So yes, it could have MUCH larger.

I know it's hard to do, and easier said than done.. but give this to God. You've been through an awful lot .. You are in my prayers.
Unread 01-23-2007, 09:32 PM
terrified!!

I certainly can relate to you--I have a cyst the size of a Texas grapefruit on my right ovary--when the doc showed it to me on the ultrasound I had to ask which ovary as I've had no pain or discomfort. I have been asking myself over and over why I am having this TAH and it is because I don't want that cyst to develop into cancer and it is almost a sure thing that it will. So, think of the positives like not having to worry about cancer in that part of your body. I have no husband so a girl friend is driving 1000 miles to stay two or three weeks with me, depending on how I feel. I am so grateful to have her in my life.
Will your daughter be able to help you out? You did not say if you work or not. This is a great place to express all your fears and concerns as these are very supportive ladies.
Welcome!
Unread 01-23-2007, 10:04 PM
terrified!!

Hi, Sandy...

I look up to people like you who have hung in there during tough times in their lives. You are an inspiration to me.

Trust me, you will feel so much better after your hyster. You are doing the right thing.

If you need anything from us, please post. We are here to help.

Tammy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register