4weeks post op discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4weeks post op discharge 4weeks post op discharge

Unread 10-18-2013, 10:19 AM
4weeks post op discharge

So since about 2 weeks post op I have had this discharge, it's yellowish, not smelly, not abundant and more of an inconvenience than anything. I don't have a temperature and I don't have any pain. I was just wondering if anyone out there had experienced the same?

I was told that if it didn't smell and had no temperature not to worry but I am a little concerned that it is going on for so long.

AJ38
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Re: 4weeks post op discharge

Yellow discharge can mean infection if it is also a cloudy yellow almost puss like. I could go and have it cultured anyway.
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:16 AM

I have discharge as well but it's clear. Yellow could be a sign of infection but would think you would have a foul smell to go with it. Perhaps one of the other sisters has had this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ38 View Post
So since about 2 weeks post op I have had this discharge, it's yellowish, not smelly, not abundant and more of an inconvenience than anything. I don't have a temperature and I don't have any pain. I was just wondering if anyone out there had experienced the same?...
I started leaking a clear/yellow liquid on post op day 12 and it is still going strong today, post op day 18. I'm a little discouraged to read your experience because I was hoping it would end soon.
The good news for me is it dropped weight off of me, I'd swelled up more than 8 pounds and now I'm about normal weight (though still have blob of swelling "down there").
At my 2 week post-op appointment the doctor said it sounded normal but that he had to check my stitches (inside vagina) to be sure they were okay. They were fine.

He told me the fluid is the same that we would see if we scrape our skin, he said it is from the healing going on inside. And he added that if it can find a way out through the vagina it would take it!
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:37 PM

I had it too. I had a post-op appt and did not have an infection. For me, it was part of the healing process.
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:45 PM

I had it too- still do. I have cuff cellulitis and it is from that. I believe it will go away when the stitches fully dissolve. For me, 3-4 months.
Unread 10-18-2013, 07:39 PM

I have it too. I'm 7 weeks post op. Clear liquidy discharge. Have to wear a pad. I guess it is healing. I still have swelly belly too which is better than it was a few weeks ago. I was told "a few months" for swelly belly to go down. I'll ask my Dr. about the discharge. It's an inconvenience but not an infection. I'm glad to hear that other Sisters have this discharge and glad to know that it is part of the healing
Unread 10-18-2013, 07:55 PM

I am 2 weeks post op today and started this discharge. So glad to see other sisters have it. Make me feel better.
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:10 AM

Greetings....3 weeks post op....I have worn a pad everyday since. Some days nothing, other days clear, some yellow, ya just don't take a chance of messing up your good underwear, right!! The funny part is rather than go out and buy myself the mini pads, I am using my daughters (she has tons), but I hate "the wings", so I cut them off everytime!!
Unread 10-20-2013, 12:29 PM
4weeks post op discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ38 View Post
So since about 2 weeks post op I have had this discharge, it's yellowish, not smelly, not abundant and more of an inconvenience than anything. I don't have a temperature and I don't have any pain. I was just wondering if anyone out there had experienced the same?

I was told that if it didn't smell and had no temperature not to worry but I am a little concerned that it is going on for so long.

AJ38
I'm at the same point recovery, I have that same discharge yellowish and at times pink tinged--no temp, no smell, not sudden increased pain-talked with my doctor who explained that it was probably excessive fluids draining from my belly through the cuff that has small openings in between the sutures and was very normal. But that I should call if that changes or becomes more of a concern to me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register